[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i want to know if anyone has owned an elantra and could give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: elantra.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
elantra.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
i want to know if anyone has owned an elantra and could give me an idea how reliable/unreliable they are? i was thinking of getting a mid 00's model
>>
I have an 05 elantra gt.

they work great and can take a lot of abuse up until about 150k. I never had any kind of "you need to do this every x miles" explanation about cars, and this was my first. So I went about 3 years without an oil change (granted I was putting maybe 5 miles on it a day during that time), four flats from tires going bald, still havent changed any of the fluids, and four years on the same brake pads, alignment has pretty much always been off, etc. I got it at just over 100k and my 150k milestone should happen this week or the next.

what finnally fucked it, was getting the timing belt changed. I had the shop do an oil change at the same time because why not. The drain plug wasnt put back on correctly and the engine siezed up the next day. ever since its been a new problem every month.
>>
I should say that a transmition flush will run you ~$700 due to it apparently being weird and requiring the whole thing be dropped from the car. I know this because mine should have had one when I got the car at 100k, but didnt.
>>
>>17251717
It's shit. Get an accord, civic, or Corolla
>>
>>17252167
Agreed.. ud be best in a corolla for the longevity.. my senior mum has a 94 that just never seems to quit.. it will rust into 2 pieces mid-drive before the trans or motor junks out
>>
I currently own a 2003 Elantra XD

Worst. Car. Ever.

Whole lot of fun, but shit breaks extremely easily on them, especially after 150xxx kilometres WITH PROPER MAINTENANCE. Save your money and buy something a tad more modern OR buy a corolla/camry from the same year. Great, reliable cars.

** My car is identical to the one in the image but a slightly older model ;)
>>
>>17251717
I've had an '02 since 2004
Nothing has ever really broken on it, except an axle boot.
The suspension leaves something to be desired, but if you go to any junkyard and pull the rear sway off a V6 Tiburon, you'll spruce up the handling a lot with a bolt-on $40 part.
The paint is total shit, avoid dark colors.
Get a manual, there's no need to drop anything to change the fluid.
A cold air will louden it a little and make a small but noticeable gain in power. I cut my muffler completely off too (rusted out) and the noise isn't bad and doesn't sound like a fart can.
GT model is worth the extra cost, if any.

All in all, it's a fun, cheap econobox. Very easy to work on too. I beat the hell out of mine on a regular basis and it still runs fine at 140k miles.
>>
>>17254841
I should mention that the muffler that rusted out was not the original. The car came with a fart can that I replaced with a universal fit muffler.
>>
>>17251717
get a civic for 3k instead.
>>
>>17256561
i cant drive stick
>>
>>17258505
learn bitch.
>>
>>17259049
i need a daily driver before i can learn stick. besides most of the civics in my area arent worth it
>>
>>17252748
>XD
We don't like your kind around here.
>>
best thing about them is the depreciation. you can get an 05-06 elantra for around 1500 if you look hard enough. so if they had acceptable reliability, it would be a bargain
>>
>>17251717
Extremely reliable, I know a few with about 400k miles. It's a terrible car to drive though
>>
>>17259489
post your local craigslist
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I had an 02 for 3 years or so. It was my first car but I didn't beat it up. It always needed fixing from the radiator to the suspension. All before 100k miles. They also rust easily so be careful if you live in the east coast.

While I think it's a shitty car, I loved mine and had a lot of great times in it
>>
>>17262430
Poconos.craigslist.org
Scranton.craigslist.org
>>
>>17262362
well neither are corollas
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.