[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ My younger brother has a friend who wants to drag race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1975.jpg (965KB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1975.jpg
965KB, 4288x2848px
Hey /o/

My younger brother has a friend who wants to drag race me this weekend. He's got a (to my knowledge) stock 1994 Honda Accord. I've got a stock 2009 Ford Ranger

On paper, I've got more power than he does. However, he's been driving stick for much longer than I have. Will my starting and shifting inexperience hinder me that much that I'll lose and embarrass myself? Also because my truck has all the weight in the front, would it be wise to put sandbags or something heavy in the bed to prevent me from spinning out and crashing and if so how much weight would be too much weight?

I've never raced anybody yet I've only been driving manual for a month at this point and my truck isn't some street racing vehicle, but the competitive nature in me cannot pass up an opportunity to race
>>
Rent an automatic Corvette off turo.
>>
>>17249260
I'm not going to rent a corvette to drag race a guy.
>>
>>17249228
Aj30 swap
>>
>>17249228
Just tell him you drive and then leave. He'll understand that you're the real human being
>>
Is this a fucking joke lol
OP grow up honestly.
>>
File: 1464750898122.gif (511KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1464750898122.gif
511KB, 245x200px
>>17251693
>>
A FEW
SIMPLE
MODS
A
what the hell be better than that trash and stay safe anon
>>
>>17249228
do some back to the future shit where he shifts into R
best of luck
>>
>>17249228
>truck vs 90s sedan

What the fuck kind of drag race is this?
>>
>but the competitive nature in me cannot pass up an opportunity to race

This explains why specifically Ford Ranger faggots can't stop trying to stoplight-race my Subaru
>>
>>17249228
Do you have the 4.0? In that case, it would be really close if you both shifted the same.
>>
>>17249228
>on paper I've got more power

Power to weight or outright HP?

Either way just launch that shit and go for broke my guy.
>>
Assuming you have the regular cab...

The 2009 Ford Ranger makes 143 HP @ 5250 RPM with a 2.3L 4 cylinder. Its curb weight is 3069 pounds.

The 1994 Accord EX makes 145 HP @ 5500 RPM with a 2.2L 4 cylinder. Its curb weight is 2800 pounds.

If you have the regular cab, you're probably gonna lose, since he has the advantage of weight and ,very slightly, horsepower. What trims are they OP?
>>
>>17251752
A funny as hell one.
>>
race from a roll, or get good at launching.

That civic is going to eat you alive either way though.
>>
>wants to bench race
>doesn't even list his vehicle specs

i don't get it OP.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.