[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found a salvage GT-R for cheap, how hard would it be to put a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 000!gtr.jpg (36KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
000!gtr.jpg
36KB, 600x450px
Found a salvage GT-R for cheap, how hard would it be to put a RB26 or a 2j or smthn and a transmission into it? No motor, no tranny, no wiring harness, etc, in the car.
>>
>>17247214
>how hard would it be

this question right here tells me you are poor and/or underage/not serious

because money is the only problem here. its very possible, don't know why you'd want to do it though.
>>
If you are on 4chan asking then I will say its far beyond your capabilities.
>>
>>17247214
just stop playing pretend on /o/ and stick to playing Forza Horizon/NFS
>>
Not the OP but how compatible are engines when it comes to swaps?

Like could someone buy a shitty old civic engine and swap it into other cars? I'm guessing electronics would be all fucked up
>>
>>17247299
wiring is your enemy.
>>
>>17247214
Poorfag
>>
Why would anyone want to put another engine into it.
The only appeal is that the engine and transmission are hand built and matched. All electronics are built purely for that car and any other engine is going to pale in comparison.

As a chassis for engine swaps its very far down on the list. Only for posers that want to give the impression that they own a GTR but with none of the characteristic performance.
>>
Put an LS in it and create a rolling asshurt machine.
>>
>>17247299
>>17247214
HMMMM LETS THINK ABOUT THIS

LETS PUT IN AN ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION FROM A TOTALLY DIFFERENT MAKE AND MODEL OF CAR INTO THIS GTR

THE ENGINE I WANT TO ADD IS HEAVYER A DIFFERENT TYPE DIFFERENT DESIGN AND MADE FOR A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR

EVERY AREA WHERE THE ENGINE WOULD NEED TO BE IN THE CAR AND RUNNING WILL BE A MASSIVE ISSUE BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT AN AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEER AND HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO MANUALLY FABRICATE ABSOLUTLY EVERY SINGLE LAST BIT JUST TO GET IT TO RUN LET ALONE WORK
>>
File: IMG_1091.jpg (24KB, 249x348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1091.jpg
24KB, 249x348px
>>
>>17247378
People do engine swaps all the time, retard. You're implying this is not only an impossible thing to do, but also a stupid thing, and engine swaps are neither.
All you need is knowledge.
>>
>>17247214
GT-R is pig-fucking-phat, why would you ever want a rolling chassis of one as a project base? It is good exactly because of engine, tranny and electronics. Also, it has a comparatively short engine bay and is transaxle, so you won't be able to fit most engines there without really extensive modifications. It's also ugly as fuck, and isn't even luxury. Just leave it be, it'll become a parts car.
>>
It's not hard with your own harness, but the fact that you have to even ask means you can't do it lol.
>>
drop a tb48

http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/04/1400hp-at-the-wheels-not-your-typical-nissan-patrol/
>>
>>17247214
Both of those are longer than the VR38DETT so packaging issues will come to fore. The R35 also has the transmission under the fucking rear seats so good luck figuring how to swap a new transmission in. Definitely can't use a manual unless you have some clusterfuck of a linkage.
>>
File: IMG_0763.jpg (35KB, 400x246px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0763.jpg
35KB, 400x246px
VK45
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.