[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We need formula racing with no downforce again. Modern F1 can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 08f10995a9109b02f47217ee57b86407.jpg (599KB, 2048x1342px) Image search: [Google]
08f10995a9109b02f47217ee57b86407.jpg
599KB, 2048x1342px
We need formula racing with no downforce again. Modern F1 can stay, but there should be another formula racing category where the only rule is only mechanical grip may be used. Imagine that, like just look at the beauty of these 60s F1 cars
>>
yeah but then the racing would be slower with less strategy and less engineering prowess.
>>
Maybe we can go back to weekly deaths on the track as well.
>>
>>17245606
Obviously the cars would be slow as fuck around corners compared to modern F1 and obviously they'd be less advanced, that's the point. But imagine how fast they could go on straights with no wings and how overtaking would be so much easier around corners with no wings making dirty air.
>>
>>17245602

Not gonna happen. Even Formula Ford got phased out in favor of a full slicks & wings series (F4 I believe).
>>
>>17245615
modern safety in racing is gay as fuck. death should be part of the risk.
>>
>>17245602
>>17245629
>lets make powerful mid-engined cars with little grip and send them around fast twisty circuits with 2-3 straights
what could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>17245881
A lot, that's the point.
>>
>>17245888
this, racing drivers used to be known as the manliest fucking men ever who risk their lives all the time, now there's close to a 0% chance you will die in a crash so any pussy bitches can be a f1 driver
>>
>>17245921
Tell that to Jules Bianchi. Oh, wait, you can't, HE FUCKING DIED RACING. Twat.
>>
>>17245951
>died in pussified racing

probably why i have no idea who that kek is
>>
>>17245951
I said close to 0%, not 0%. It has been many years since the last death before him
>>
>>17245602
They didn't have downforce because it wasn't "invented" for cars yet, not because it was better for the race.

You already have plenty of small regional series with open wheelers with no downforce, they are meant as cheap, club-level races for privateers or as a learning tool for newbies, but even that is disappearing as an official option because, at least in Europe, the FIA made F4 as a mandatory step for your drivers who want to transition from karts to single seaters. Every kid who gets out of a kart has to step into a single seaters designed around downforce now.

When all the important series (F1, GP2, GP3, Indy, V8 World Series and so on) really heavily on downforce, there is absolutely no point in making an important no-downforce series meant for drivers who already have experience. It teaches nothing for the big series and the "fun" factor for spectators is heavily overrated.

Go watch those minor series if you want no downforce so much, you will never see it into anything more relevant than club racing.
>>
>>17245602
not happening, formula e is the future. even more aero, even less speed, and changing entire car mid-race. expensive racing is all about developing technologies for future use anyway.

if you want to watch/do cool racing, watch poorfag formulas, like formula vee or something
>>
>>17245602
you just know they would all cheat with under body effects
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.