[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>redpill me on the RC390 I already have a supermoto I drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5635.jpg (118KB, 911x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5635.jpg
118KB, 911x512px
>redpill me on the RC390

I already have a supermoto I drive and I'm wanting a lightweight track bike I can thrash around on. Seems like the RC has a better chassis than the other smaller bikes however it does have some reliability issues it seems.

What does /o/ think?
>>
the 690 duke seems better in every way
>>
>>17241900
>track
>naked bike

"No"
>>
>>17241890
It has weird fucking bars.

Really fucking odd. Sit on one.
>>
poo in loo
>>
>>17241890
if you already have a supermoto why would you want another little single cylinder?
>>
>>17242171
I have more fun wringing the neck on a bike I can ride to the limit then I do riding cautiously on a bike I can't push as hard.
>>
>>17242295
If you can't wring the neck out of your supermoto you're doing something wrong.

Also, KTM 390s are grenades. Get an R3 instead.
>>
>>17242338
R3 has a better engine (mostly just more reliable not stronger) but the chassis isn't as good.
>>
>>17242295
Learn how to push the supermoto harder then.
>>
Ktm a shit you look like a fag to everyone that rides bikes
>>
>>17242416
I can, but I want a sport bike with a more aggressive riding position.
>>
>>17241890
Cool bike, but expensive. Get a used Ninja 300 instead. Especially if you want to be a trackfag.

>>17241979
Tons of people are moving to naked bikes for the track.
>>
>>17241979
Depends on what tracking you're doing, if you're racing obviously fairings make a difference but there are plenty of people who naked track sv650's becuase they're cheap with reasonable power.

That being said

>>17241890
I wouldn't regularly track anything that parts are expensive or hard to get ahold of like a KTM.
>>
>>17242442
Pretty sure they are like $5k, but I agree unless OP is a mechanic who can fix the issues with his RC390 himself. Also why would anyone track a naked bike? A supermoto would be a better option, with a sportbike being the best option.
>>
>>17241890
POO
O
O
>>
>>17241890
I have the sister of that bike the DUKE 390. my bike is pretty fun and the RC being a sport version of that bike. it will be hell of a lot more fun. it's worth it. the tires, brakes, lightness really help maneuver the bike i totally recommend it
>>
>>17242481
Do the dukes have the same engine problems?
>>
>>17242507
they only heat up due to being a single cylinder and being it's left idle for too long. it's great at night because it keeps your legs warm
>>
>>17242567
Rc390s have tons of head gasket problems
>>
>>17242637
i think thats on the older models. the new 2017 sounds promising. my duke is a 2015 and only have 300 miles on mine (bought it last month) i might get that issue as well. im guessing the heat melts the Gasket so don't rev it too hard like 10k RPMS,
>>
Best track bike on the market for the money. Assuming the engine issues have been sorted out.
>>
>>17242696
>don't rev past 10k rpm

So basically it's useless?
>>
File: $_57.jpg (370KB, 1462x1600px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
370KB, 1462x1600px
>>17243136
i would think one of these is cheaper
>>
>>17243565
not really, im no expert you should read the owners manual. the max is 12K RPMS anyways. its More torque driven. Anyways if you are good enough on the KTM bike i heard that they assist you according to this: https://youtu.be/__CetWcniYc?t=3m12s
>>
>>17243574
the fuck is it?
>>
>>17243980
Husquarva niqqa
>>
>>17244000
I know that but what model? The only 450 I know of them making is an enduro
>>
KTM makes the most unreliable bikes on the market.
>>
I liked going out with you in the gentle rain, but you got water in your eye (left rear indicator, fully sealed LED - tried heating it with a hot air gun for half an hour but water re-condensed when it cooled down. New OEM $108).

You also complained about getting your head wet (noticed condensation inside the instrument panel, read of one bloke who replaced 4 under warranty - they all leaked).

Every time we went out in the rain we got dirty (the seat narrows like a racing seat and there is no fairings back there, every ride in the wet coats your back and the seat in mud. Al;so the air intake is inside the seat cavity. Lift the seat and there is grit everywhere - not what you want coating the air filter).

You refused to carry my luggage (The pillion part of the seat is narrow, rounded on the top and the grab handles are molding on the plastic underside - my Kriega just slid off every time. I was thinking of making a steel frame for a luggage rack. The nearest mounting point is under the middle of the driver's seat - would need some steel tube bent in a convoluted shape, get some one to make it too a plan or do I hire a torch and do it myself - $200 + ?).

Sorry, but your toosh is flat and hard. (Where did KTM find wood that looks like vinyl? There is an OEM comfort seat , but it adds 2" to the seat height).

1 of 2
>>
Yes you are hot, to hot. (The RC390 is made in India and KTM have said that they have set the radiator fan to come on at a low temp for the Asian markets. I added a calibrated temp sensor to the radiator inlet, it comes on at 82 C, is loud enough to make pedestrians stare and doesn't do much. Riding at 60km/h on a 20 C day in 6th gear the fan is on and you can here it. There is an after-market Spaal fan that will bolt right in, but that will include shipping from the USA and will of course void the warranty).

These days when I hold you. It just hurts (Semi suer-sport ergonomics are playing merry hell with my arthritic hands and I have carpal tunnel in both hands. New triple clamp top, new clipons, grips & bar risers - about $600 before postage & will void the warranty).

You can't count. (The gear position indicator is on the fritz, not too much of a problem except now the neutral light doesn't work either).

You only sip your drinks, but you drink often (It's an efficient engine, but a small tank. "What on reserve again? I only filled you up a few days ago").

Lets face it, you can't sing. (That single pot 373 just sounds like a 2 stroke lawn mower).

Then I met another woman on a dating site. We had a date today. She's curvaceous, smooth as silk, has a lovely singing voice and when she sings hard rock she sounds glorious, so loud she's almost scary. Her rear is just deliciously soft (Mmmm). It feels like she was made in heaven when I hold her. She's has the classic Italian looks, sultry. It was only a short date, but it just felt so right that I proposed and she said yes! (I brought Fraser's Monster 821 Demo).
>>
>>17244606
What the fuck did you just type?
>>
>buying a dub 600cc bike

Why?
>>
It's a bike specifically made for racing in the 300 class. That's about it. An R3, Ninja 300, or this would be just fine. It's more about the rider anyway and since you suck at riding, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>17246989
But it's over 300cc
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.