[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

quirks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: doubleclutch.jpg (89KB, 1121x736px) Image search: [Google]
doubleclutch.jpg
89KB, 1121x736px
Do you heel toe? Do you doubleclutch?
>>
File: 1492999596210.jpg (462KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1492999596210.jpg
462KB, 1536x2048px
>>17240577
I heel toe out of habit. There really isn't any reason to do so in everyday driving, but I started doing it just as practice for when I go to the track.

Doubleclutching is pointless nowadays desu
>>
Heel toe all the time, or rather I always blip the throttle. I don't need the clutch, but I need synchros.

Double clutching, as stated above, is deprecated technology procedure.

>>17240602
Revmatching is a good tranny assist in any case.
>>
I rev match the vast majority of the time. The pedals on my car are horribly placed for heel-and-toe though, the brake is a good few inches higher than the accelerator.
Double declutching is pointless with synchros.
>>
>>17240577
Heel toe almost all the time, rev match literally all the time.
I'm starting to get chirps going into 3rd and 4th so I double clutch occasionally for those two to avoid it.
>>
i quad clutch and heel toe with both feet and detonate airbags in my asshole
>>
My shitbox is heel-toe proof (throttle and brake are at an uneven position to say the least).

Anyway, revmatching and heel-toeing is a meme on a regular basis driving. Muh wear on a device that's supposed to wear is plain retarded-
>>
>>17240733
Made me lol
>>
>>17240831
Revmatching is the proper way to shift
>>
>>17240577
yes and yes.
My first gear is partially syncrod and clutch doesn't disengage completely. Besides car so light unsmooth shifting makes it jump
>>
>>17240577
Heel toe all the time, with double clutching. just habit I guess, and it saves the synchros some wear.
>>
I tried to heel toe once and spun my car
>>
>>17241144
Git gud
>>17240577
Yes, but it's just a preference.
>>
>>17240577
Not on the street unless I'm specifically driving fast.
Double clutch, lol no. If you do you're a fucking idiot or your transmission is broken.

>>17240893
rev matching isn't heel toeing.
heel toeing rev matches, but they aren't the same thing.
>>
>>17240831
Isnt revmatching simply being at an appropriate rev range to shift which is...how you fucking shift the crunchstick? What do you do to your poot car?
>>
>>17241342
Double clutching is just a way to extend the life of your synchros. Both of my cars are higher mileage and a little extra care like that doesn't hurt. Also I find it makes my downshifts smoother than normal rev-matching, I guess my feet are extra autistic.
>>
>>17240577
Pedals are different heights so I have not bothered to learn how to operate them with one foot. No point in double clutching because my car isn't from the stone age.
>>
>>17240577
i put my foot on a brake in manner that allows me to heel toe because i got habit in sim racing vidya, it's not necessary at daily 2-3k rpm though. I do heel toe when i'm fun-riding through the forest roads on higher rpm ranges.
>>
File: rlm-help.png (281KB, 535x466px) Image search: [Google]
rlm-help.png
281KB, 535x466px
>>17240577
Heel-toeing is literally impossible in my car because the throttle is so small.
>>
>>17242181
lazy shite driver, the post
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mr1rkhe95t1qz4rgp.png (227KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mr1rkhe95t1qz4rgp.png
227KB, 500x363px
tfw stuck driving friend's auto for about 3 weeks because knee injury and surgery

I've always rev-matched/heal toe'd and double clutched in all my vehicles. Double clutch is an acquired habit from my first shitbox volvo 240 with a dying trans. That being said that piece of was one of the most fun cars I've owned because it was so shitty
>>
>>17242594
hey everyone put your big toe on the right side of the brake and roll your foot to the side to blip the throttle. I think you have to be a midget to heel toe with your heel I've never been in a car where I could.
>>
i've owned manual transmission cars since 1999. i used to blip with my t56(got 172k out of the original clutch and that was driven pretty fucking hard) on downshifts to help it go into gear with 0 effort.

on upshifts, i just never used the clutch. tranny and clutch were still good when the car threw a connecting rod.
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 662x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 662x450px
you ever think they make thr brakes and accellerator in off places to keep you from doing that shit? do you think they may have a reason for that?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.