[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're very likely to see a relaxing or removal of the 'modern'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1360717358688.jpg (751KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
1360717358688.jpg
751KB, 2272x1704px
We're very likely to see a relaxing or removal of the 'modern' stuff that has made cars fatter and underpowered - no more emissions standard, no more safety standards, and no more bullshit government regulation of the car industry. Will we actually see cars that are free of their shackles?

I'm talking no more fuel injection, no more ECUs, no more of that fancy bullshit. Back in the 70s you had 6.2L V8s pulling about 160 horsepower because of the government emissions regulations, but these days I bet you could take that same engine with modern technology and get it to 1000 or 5000 horsepower with no problem, and once you put the carburetor back on it could probably pull 10000 horsepower. I'm thinking within a couple of years we'll have cheap sub $10k cars with 10k+ horsepower running around, once the government gets out of the auto industry
>>
>he fell for the trump meme
>>
are you taking hp/L?
pretty sure liter bikes are still king here.
>>
Americans are so fucking dumb
>>
>don't understand these newfangled computers even though they do the exact same thing as point ignition and carbs and cars run on the exact same principles as they did 40 years ago
>can't smack it with a hammer to fix it so fuck it all
>the very idea of printed circuit boards confuses and enrages me

>muh carbs
>muh leaded gas
>muh cam-in-block vee ate
>muh lung cancer from just going outside

>implying that fat cheeto can get Vladimir Putins cock out of his hand long enough to repeal decades of highly effective environmental legislation he cannot possibly understand

fuck off grampa
>>
>he doesn't know you can put carbs on just about anything
>>
I too wish to not have a 0-60 time because my car ran out of gas before I could get to that speed all while having a record 60-0 IQ speed as I inhale pure lead.
>>
>5k horsepower boost just from adding a carb
Just what the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>17239515
Leaded gasoline exhaust, evidently.
>>
File: troll'd it good.png (154KB, 563x828px) Image search: [Google]
troll'd it good.png
154KB, 563x828px
>ITT
>>
These are the thoughts of a person who knows literally nothing about automobiles and just marathon watched the entire F&F series, particularly the scene in 8 where they estimate Dom's roadrunner is capable of 8,000HP.
>>
>>17239498
> highly effective environmental legislation

the envirocuck bullshit didn't do anything

if you look at movies from the 60s and 70s and shit the air looks completely fine and the same way it does today

it was all dumb liberal bullshit to raise taxes for no real reason and to create loopholes for inferior japanese cars to sneak into the market
>>
File: 1492975236504.png (133KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
1492975236504.png
133KB, 600x576px
>>17239651
>>
>>17239651
LA was an unbreathable smog shithole back then, but that's more because it's a goddamn city with too many cars and factories period. Cities always smell like shit and just breathing there gives you diseases, because packing that many people together is no way to live.
>>
>>17239651
>Republicans
>>
>>17239651
>if you look at movies from the 60s and 70s and shit the air looks completely fine and the same way it does today
I genuinely laughed out loud
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pea_soup_fog
>>
>>17239706
Fake news, Libcuck. That's obviously photoshopped by (((Commies))).
>>
>no more FI/ECUs

You can get more HP and torque out of FI across the entire rev range and tune it FOR FUCKING FREE.

We are not going back to carbs.
>>
>>17239455
You overdid it with the trolling mang. Had me until 5000 hp.
>>
>>17239882
and by free i mean if you have the knowledge, you can do far more than a carbcuck can do without paying for new jets after figuring out that no combination of screws can get it right
>>
>>17239651
Hey stupid fuck, stand behind a no emissions control vehicle and see how long it takes to pass out. Fucking retard. Emissions control was definitely a good idea.
>>
I wish. But Trump's deregulation of the car industry, while interesting in execution, only works if it actually gets moving.

"for every new regulation, slash 2 old ones"

but if no new one gets made, then nothing gets slashed, and even if it does, it can just as easily be small bullshit that doesn't have a huge impact, like DRL's.

I want pedestrian safety height requirements gone, and I want cafe slashed.
>>
>>17239455
You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>17239491
Sorry?
>>
>>17239455
What the fucking fuck am I reading.
>>
>>17239920
Can confirm. In a part of europoor with no emission standards and the air is killer. Fucking diesels are the worst. Emission standards are a god send compared to the shit air here.
>>
>underpowered
Meanwhile you can go buy a 700 hp Hellcat for an annual gross wage.
>>
>no FI, no ECU
oh, ok you're retarded.
>>
>>17239706
The fog in London was around long before automobiles
>>
>>17239455
Alright, I took the bait, you're a fucking retard for making this thread and identifying reasonable emissions equipment as a problem in the modern automobile market.

However, you've a valid point about how retarded some of these measures are.

CVT, aluminum bodies, and making four bangers more high strung and lean burning to get the power out of them (by reducing longevity) are all retarded ways of going about it such advances. All it does is allow the stealerships to charge out the ass for built in repairs and service.

Coupled with cash for clunkers, one could speculate it was designed to ensnare those who do the minimum of financial planning, or the poor, to be resigned with shit buying options and maybe even locked into a consumerist system. Provided they aren't smart with their money.

Which few are.
>>
>>17241589
Also, I forgot to mention, why don't they cut down on pollution by making cheap cars with short gears for city only driving? That way you don't need a lot of horsepower, and thus less displacement. Sell it at a cheaper price than a car with a more wide range of functions/gearing.

Because how many of the few liberal arts cucks in Manhattan *leave* Manhattan via interstate? If the car tops out at 60, it's fine. Or even electric in that case, with a reasonable tax on anyone wanting a more versatile set of wheels. It's not ideal, but it would be better than hamstringing the car enthusiasts to make changes and legislation to affect all vehicles.

I mean, would you pay a reasonable yearly fee so you could drive whatever you wanted anywhere in the country? No inspection or emissions bullshit, no nothing.
>>
>>17239455
Mr. Anon, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.