[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FWD smaller front tires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

i have a 98 audi a3 with 195/65/15 tires
i just ordered 2 new 195/55/15 that i plan to put on the front. i thought slightly smaller diameter wont be a problem but now im scared...
i regularly drive with 130-135km and take slight turns with 130...w.w.w.will i die?
>>
>>17227321
Less rubber=less grip. Better to put the 65s in front and run bigger tires for the rear, you will understeer more also. So you may die but most situations theres no difference
>>
Say goodbye to your transmission as you slowly rip it apart from running a smaller aspect ratio tire, even moreso if its a quattro
>>
>>17227321
I work at a tire store.

You won't die but why would you do this? What wheels do you run?
>>
>>17228038
The tire diameter is smaller, the width is the same.
Tripfags, everyone.
>>
You should mount the tires backwards so you get better traction in the corners.
>>
Nothing much, except your speedo being slightly off and the front being slightly lower.
>>
>>17228038
It's just a lower profile tire, what the hell are you talking about?
It would actually drive better because there is less tire flex. The ride will suffer though.
>>17228144
What?

Also as the guy above me told, the speedo will read wrong with around -9.5% of your actual speed.
>>
>>17228621
STOP
>>17227321
You shouldn't have an issue. Don't worry about it.
For future reference though, I would normally try to have the same diameter tire all around for any AWD or especially 4WD vehicle.
I don't know if this will hurt the Audi Quattro system or not. I would guess not but you may be able to call up Audi and ask them if it's alright.
Some RWD performance cars will run staggered diameters but that's usually just for looks and it doesn't affect performance very much.
>>
>>17227321
why the fuck would you buy wrong size tires?
>>
>>17230389
It says in the title that it is FWD, not AWD. If it was AWD you are basically killing your drivetrain slowly.
>>
>>17227321
Hope you crash, one less obnoxious audicuck less.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.