[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

paint vs wrap vs dip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

If i want to change the color of my car (no issues with the current paint), which would be the better way to go ?

I don't really like the matte look, so would probably go for a shiny one.

Does having it wrapped/dipped affect the way it can be washed/treated?
>>
Ffs Paint is the only answer.
>>
wrap if you know what you're doing, dip if you're a total hack
>>
>>17226535
There are people who enjoy having a different look on the car each year and that's a total hassle with paint compared to the dipshit
>>
Get an orbital sander, somepads, a spray guy and 5 gallons of Maaco-tier paint and clear coat you cheap nerd
>>
>>17226543
if you are actually going to do this shit every 6 months to a year, then sure
go for it
otherwise it starts to look like shit
>>
>>17226551
>otherwise it starts to look like shit
Well I guess everyone should know that by know even though it also depends on many things like how you did it, what materials/brand, weather, garage car or not etc.

I've seen some that still looked great after over two years but it's true that it's certainly not for longtime looks.

Another great thing about this is, that it also keeps the original paint somewhat preserved.
>>
Paint if you know what color you want and want it to last more than 2 years.

Wrap if you arent sure or don't want to spend $10000 on a crazy paint job.

Dip if you only plan on keeping the color for a year, 2 tops if you live in socal and are a cheap ass.
>>
You have to be 18 to post on this board.
>>
>>17226527
>wanting to change the color of your car
Fag

Buy the color you want from the beginning. Grow up and do something responsible with your money.
>>
>>17226587
>not buying a used car in a color that others dont want for mad savings
>>
>>17226587
>implying there is a car for sale i want in the condition i want in the color i want
>>
Haha hell yeah op! now you can be just like your favorite youtube vlogger! major car guy cred bruh!
>>
>>17226527
neither
>>
>>17226587
>implying I didn't try to find one in the color I wanted
Kinda hard to be picky when only one showed up in over a year of looking.
>>
>>17227062
What kind of car is it, dawg?
>>
File: IMG_20170410_195722~01.jpg (450KB, 1306x1337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170410_195722~01.jpg
450KB, 1306x1337px
>>17227325
Second gen Legacy GT wagon with a manual. Every other one I found was either an Outback, automatic, or both.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.