[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learn how cars work.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 2012mazada3.jpg (68KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
2012mazada3.jpg
68KB, 900x600px
Hi /o/. I've never been interested in cars really, but my car that just broke down yesterday made me completely change my mind. I want to be able to understand how cars work and the parts relate to each other, so I can try to diagnose and fix my own problems. What are some good resources to learn? Should I just use Wikipedia?
>pic related, its a stock image of my car model
>>
>>17225505
how did it break?
>>
>>17225523
The positive lead was completely detached from the battery.
>>
>>17225548
And that's what put you off cars?
That's pretty weak anon
>>
Hey boys, adding onto this thread. What are the chances of me fucking up if ever doing engine work on my car with little to no mechanical experience? For example, changing the synchros.
>>
cars are pretty simple man

>engine
>connect to transmission
>connect to drivetrain
>connect to differential
>wheels/tires/brakes are all completely independent systems
>battery in trunk to power electricity
>alternator connected to engine to power battery
>coolant pump, air conditioner, and power steering pump/motor also connected to engine

thats literally it
>>
>>17225571
no anon, i realized how easy that fix was and now want to learn more, the literal opposite of what you think
>>
>>17225591
I literally had no idea what a drivetrain or a differential is or what they do. I guess I have some wiki articles to start on. Thanks anon
>>
>>17225619
I thought you said that you changed your mind about liking cars because you broke down
>>
>>17225671
no i want to learn cars to prevent paying big money for easy fixes, I didn't pay for that fix, but could of at-least been a better situation had i known better.
>>
bumping for interest
>>
>>17225505
Are these 2012-2013 Mazda 3 SkyActivs fun to drive? Either auto or manual
>>
>>17225826
Mine's auto, but its only a 4 cylinder.
I only got it because it was cheap
(5k for it where blue book had the range for like 8k - 5750)
If i would pick something perfect, I probably would of atleast got the mazda 3 speed or something with a bigger engine.
>>
>>17225851
I don't need anything fast. If it's fuel efficient and still fun to drive, that's good enough for me.
>>
>>17225909
This is my first non-pos
I think I have less fun with than my 2001 saturn l200, but I think you should test drive it if you can.
I thought the same exact thing when I was looking for cars, and now that I have it I wish I bought a v6
>>
>>17225826
Just get a civic for 3k.
>>
R E V U P Y O U R E N G I N E

https://www.youtube.com/user/scottykilmer
>>
>>17225641
https://youtu.be/yYAw79386WI
Great video for learning what a differential is
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.