[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fun normie versions of WRC cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 2016-hyundai-i20-wrc-24_1600x0w.jpg (185KB, 1600x901px) Image search: [Google]
2016-hyundai-i20-wrc-24_1600x0w.jpg
185KB, 1600x901px
Are there any fun normie versions of currently eligible WRC cars, or are they all lame shitboxes?
>>
>>17225085
The wrx sti and the Lancer Evo and the Ford focus rs are probably the closest things you can get to wrc
>>
>>17225093
I don't mean actual rally cars. I mean cars that are generally just fun to drive. It's not like you could pull hektik skidz on public roads anyway, and if I was to go to an amateur rally, I'd rather have an old beater that I won't have to worry about fucking up.
>>
>>17225217
Those cars anon mentioned are actual cars you can drive in public. he meant those could easily be turned into rally cars

If you're looking for fun to drive cars you'll get different answers cuz different tastes
>>
>>17225229
>Those cars anon mentioned are actual cars you can drive in public.
Yeah I know, I was referring to the "closest you'll get to wrc" bit.

>If you're looking for fun to drive cars you'll get different answers cuz different tastes
Fair enough.
>>
Just get an old shitboxs with manual and drive it like a complete madmen. Anyway rallies destroy cars so you want something expendable.
>>
is there a general thread for WRC anywhere?
>>
File: 100_0711-1.jpg (128KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
100_0711-1.jpg
128KB, 1024x768px
>>17225085

I love the bugeye WRX wagon
>>
Not really. Not in the US anyway, hot hatch market here is shit and basically entirely cornered by the Fiesta ST.

Mind you WRC cars are absolutely nothing like their production version. The only thing production about them is the stickers to make them look like a real car.
>>
>>17225217
Something FWD with independent rear suspension I guess. Like old Ford Focus, throw a turbo on it
>>
>>17226350
I remember the time, when it wasn't like this. Mid and late 1990's cars, especially the ones who had AWD to begin with like the Lancia or the Subaru were much closer to the real thing. Of course the chassis was reinforced, the engine was fully built, the transmission was different and the suspension was built to sustain jumps and potholes with speeds of over 200km/h, but at least you could see that it was actually based off of the production car.
>>
File: $_86[1].jpg (148KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
$_86[1].jpg
148KB, 1024x768px
>>17225217
fiesta st150 is popular for amateur rally.
great little car for hooning around country lanes. goes around corners like it's on rails. chassis, suspension and steering are fantastic.
you can buy them really cheap nowadays.
>>
>>17225085
Toyota and Hyundai are making sport models of the Yaris and i20 but they aren't out yet
>>
>>17225244
> "closest you'll get to wrc"
then the cars he mentioned are what you're looking for
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.