[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Ford's cvt in the fiesta and focus and how Nissan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3089.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3089.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Thoughts on Ford's cvt in the fiesta and focus and how Nissan and Honda are now using the same technology for their automatic vehicles? I've heard a lot of complaints about these fords having serious transmission problems. I actually just got a 2016 fiesta automatic and am wondering if I should return it as I still have a few days left to do so.
>>
>>17221312
Change fluid often in transmission and dont flush it.
>>
>>17221312
Return it. The only decent CVT is Hondas, but in general fuck CVTs. Its automakers cheaping out for lower overhead and a little more mpg. Get a manual or 6at+
>>
Does Ford use a CVT in these now? I thought it was a really shitty DCT
>>
>>17221312
What is the need to get a 2016 car? Whats the difference to you from a 2014 CPO car? For the price of that 2016 shitbox you can get a 2014 Accord EX-L V6 with 10y/100k
>>
I used to own a 2012 nissan versa
Cvt transmission

It was a smooth transmission, never felt a shift it was so smooth. After 100k i changed the trans fluid and it still ran good. Decent acceleration for the car, never broke down on me
>>
>>17221630
Also the issues I've heard about fiestas and focus's were clutch issues in the automatics. Cvt uses pulleys onto a belt that constantly changes, hence the term

Continuously
Variable
Transmission
>>
>>17221630
Just because your versa survived doesnt mean nissans transmission isnt shitty and made of glass. You never felt a shift because it doesnt have gears
>>
>>17221669
Alright, cool
Now tell me something I don't know.

I never once said it was the ultimate car, and i also gave a general definition of a cvt transmission

If you're just wanting your (You), there
>>
>>17221312
The Ford and Nissan CVT's are absolute dogshit. The Honda and Toyota ones are GOAT
>>
>>17221685
I never said you did, but telling him you had no issues with of all cars a fucking 2012 versa doesn't help. The CVT is notoriously shitty
>>
>>17221689
How can this be? Ford started using this technology.
>>
>>17221703
>Thoughts on Ford's cvt in the fiesta and focus and how Nissan and Honda are now using the same technology for their automatic vehicles?
>Thoughts
I gave my input based on my car that i drove that had no issues.
Either give some input based on your own experience, or fuck off
>>
>>17221619
This shitbox cost me 12 grand and has 5k miles. A 2012 Honda Accord with 100k miles costs the same price... im poor so I figured a newer car this cheap would be a good option.
>>
>>17221756
No it doesnt lol
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=m6&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c25200&zip=33761&distance=500&searchChanged=true&transmission=M&maxPrice=12000&modelChanged=true&filtersModified=true#listing=175353581

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=m42&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c25200&zip=33761&distance=500&searchChanged=true&transmission=M&maxPrice=14000&maxMileage=27000&modelChanged=true&filtersModified=true#listing=175541119
>>
>>17221780
First was a 6MT 2014 Accord LX-S with 20k miles for 12k, second is a Mazda 3 sport 6AT with 20k miles for 12k
>>
>>17221312
Ford has never put a CVT in a focus or fiesta.
>>
>>17221780
>Florida

>that sand

No thx
>>
>>17221784
Jesus I've been looking at carmax, they bust heads
>>
>>17221602
It's not a CVT, OP is just a moron

the automatics in the fiesta/focus are DCT's and they're fucking grenades
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.