[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lotus vs Porsche

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: lotpor.jpg (233KB, 1480x404px) Image search: [Google]
lotpor.jpg
233KB, 1480x404px
Lotus elise
vs
Porsche boxster
What would be a better sporty track car to aim for? I'm just dreaming here,they both seem like good cheap cars. Not something to drive everyday, but for weekends and the track.
Lotus' seem to be more expensive but I assume they would be better, but are they worth more?
I guess while we're at it, post your reasonable dream cars.
>>
>>17219230
Lotus if we're talking pre718 boxster. Even then, still prolly lotus. The boxster/boxster S are basically just one of the most sporty, practical cars you can get and daily drive. Not so much for a lotus. They're just two completely different animals.
>>
>>17219247
>most sporty, practical cars
that's what I like about them, currently I only own motorcycles and while a lotus would be more pratical than a bike it'd be nice for some comfort with the porsche. Considering the boxster is cheaper I would be able to do some things to it hopefully, or would it still not be on the same level.
All that being said, the lotus attracts me a little more just the cost is the biggest issue I suppose.
>>
>>17219230
While the lotus is undoubtedly sexier looking, I'd strongly suggest you look at one in person.

Believe it or not, it's more convenient to go grocery shopping or driving a passenger around in a bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTLDP28XTlg
Just remember these britcucks in the video are manlets, compare the size of the little compact cars next to the lotus. If you're over 5'7" you're gunna have an awkward time.
>>
>>17219230
both are good but if you want to do track days and such not autocross lotus is better package.
It is literally toyota powerdrain with handling by lotus.

Honestly, they are so different that if they're your only option drive both and see which you like more.
>>
>>17219273
you can't get on the same level as a lotus.
If you want to get a liveable car on same tier as lotus buy an MR-S and drop at least 5k onto it. And even then it'd be 80% lotus at best.
>>
>>17219230
I'm a toyota fanboy so I'm telling you Lotus
>>
>>17219378
Only the exige or the R spec elise has the 2zz VVTLi engine we all know and love. All other elises have corolla engines, and the newer (uglier) ones use a goddamn 1.6L naturally aspirated. It's barely faster than an 86.
>>
>>17219273
>>17219344
>Not something to drive everyday, but for weekends and the track.
>>
>>17219393
1zz is good too, just less power.
1zz has baffled oil pan which 2zz does not.
1zz can take turbo better and has more power down low.
2zz just makes more horsepower and more horsepower is always better in the mind of the busrider.
A lotus with 1zz is still a force to recon with. 1zz MRS is fast enough to reward good driving. Imagine that in a car thats lighter and handles better.
Lotus engines make bit more power anyway and if you get 1zz elise you're damn fucking straight you got a 2zz elise that is just the easiest engine swap in history away
>>
>>17219397
He said the lotus appealed because it is more practical than a bike. I said the lotus is even less practical. They are a nightmare to get out of in a parking lot. You're so low to the ground and the door is high and the bar is in the way, so you need to open it wider than you would with any other vehicle to get enough leverage to get out.
>>
>>17219411
2zz has the yamaha factor. High revving goodness.

1zz is initially decent with low end torque, then turns gutless after 3500 revs until it picks up again at 6500, there's no point going higher because you don't get any extra kick out of it. 2zz starts slow, then picks up and really starts coming alive. It's more fun.

A 2zz has more tarbo potential but more lag than a 1zz tarbo, but NA is where it is at. Why add extra maintenance for yourself? MR-S is slow as shit, I've got one, but initial take off with a near-empty gas tank and corners are fun.
>>
isn't cayman closer to the elise price?
if so then cayman all the way
otherwise elise, though boxster s is a good choice too
>>
>>17219448
986 boxster s is made for short people too. The seats are uncomfortably high if you're over 5'10", and the steering wheel is low.
>>
>>17219461
that applies to most roadsters
s2000 and miata aren't exactly for the tall people either

that's what you get for being so tall, faggots
no fun cars for you
>>
>>17219468
A-at least the MR-S was accomodating enough. I think the previous owner did a foamectomy.
>>
>>17219676
I'm exactly avarage male height and my seats in furthest position and the steering wheel has rubbed a hole into my trousers.
Get a smaller steering wheel and you're fine in MR-S
>>
>>17219685
Yeah, my steering wheel was a decent height, that confirms the foamectomy. My only gripe aside from power was having the rear view mirror taking up like 1/4 of the windscreen from higher up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.