[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY DO RETARDS KEEP DOING THIS SHIT REEEEEEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Why the FUCK would you buy a car that isn't titled in the seller's name???
>>
>>17217113

JUST
>>
>buying a soft-top
>>
what happens if you do
>>
>>17217113
Not to mention that is most states, getting a title transfer is a matter of a few dollars and some time that can easily be made up once the car has a title in the seller's name
>>
>>17217132
good scenario
>get old title from 2 owners back with signed forms for transfer NOT dated
>put in your info and insure car, date and sign all of it
>go to court/tax office and pay your fee
>cars yours

bad scenario
>get title from guy
>no signatures from anyone
>go to court/tax office with insurance
>find out car has liens/tickets/various other fees
>get told car is stolen possibly
>>
>>17217132
At the worst, the car might be stolen.

At best, nobody signed anything on the title and the next buyer can just fill in whatever on the back and get the car as if they had bought it from the original seller.

Inbetweens:

>People signed the title anywhere
Title cannot be transferred to anyone besides the person who signed the "buyer" section of the title, you're fucked because the seller will disappear, destroy their burner phone, and move onto the next scam.

>Seller signed title but buyer didn't
Depending on what info they put down, this can either be messy or painless. IF they only put their name/address/signature, you're good. However, if they signed any date, you will get stuck with late registration fees.

That brings a new element into this. Depending on your state, buying car from a "curbstoner" who sells cars they never registered in their name, you might get stuck paying hundreds in back-rego penalties. Some faggot was selling a Miata a few months ago and I looked at it, checked out the title, would have cost $300 + the normal registration fee of close to $100 just to register the goddamned car.
>>
File: tip_gage_chart.jpg (205KB, 962x808px) Image search: [Google]
tip_gage_chart.jpg
205KB, 962x808px
>>17217116
Oh my, that really out-shitties the one in OP.

>Turn signals don't work
>Headlight stuck and draining battery - too dumb to just disconnect the retractor motor or pull the fuse.
>"the car is loud because of having a downpipe exhaust system" - downpipes are only a thing on turbo cars.
>"will include hood for free." - LOL
>"runs great" - el-oh-fucking-el.

Please post the link (I noticed the screenshot was today) - and you too, OP.

Also, the OP has NA8 7-spokes in the pic but the text says it comes with NA6 daisies and aftermarket Enkeis which is odd but easily explainable.

Honestly OP's ad looks like a fucking steal even if you have to do some title shit - a working, non-riced NA8 with a torsen and 5-speed for under $2k is amazing.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>17217209

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/6134972336.html
OP here, Here ya go panda5
>>
>>17217276
It looks like a great deal desu, though it's suspicious that there's only one picture. Sure, the current owner is dumb, and yeah it's got a fake roll bar and title issues... But it's a goddamn torsen NA8 --- huh

WAIT... what the shit?! It has a torsen diff (only available '94+) and 94-'97 wheels AND only 121k miles (fewer than 5k miles per year)... But it's a 1.6L 1991?!

Hmmm... I'd have to hear the owner out and see it in person to really grasp what the shit is going on with that car.
>>
>>17217113
Because they're *lazy*.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.