[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The price is right /o/ edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

My mom is selling her saab 9000 aero for parts, taking the advice from her mechanic.

Mechanic says he'll buy the engine (2.3L 4cyl turbo) for $300 and the transmission (automatic) for another $300 and obviously scrap the car for another $300

Is this a good deal or should i step in and sell it for more?

At these hours i might just get corbette v nismo memed
>>
>>17217064
put it up on craigslist or autotrader. some ricer fag who can't tell the difference between a bmw and a saab will buy it for way more than market value
>>
Is it running? Could easily get 1500-2000 for it. Confused though, I don't recall the Aero EVER having an auto trans as an option. Are you sure it's not a CSE or...?
>>
>>17217064
Why is her mechanic prepared to buy the drivetrain from her car?
>>
>>17217064
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>17217518
Obviously nothing is wrong with the engine and trans.
>>
OP here

I forgot to mention the car has had overheating issues

Mechanic says it's the line from the coolant that's leaking causing it to overheat.

Mom has put money into it (taking my advice to fix it up) and has been fed up so she wants to part with it
>>
>Mechanic says
Fucking no.

>Mechanic says it's the line from the coolant that's leaking causing it to overheat.
You're going to scrap a car for a $30 fix?

Repair what ever is wrong with it yourself and try to sell it.
Mechanics are scum, dude.

God I feel bad for normies.
>>
>>17217230
I'm not sure, just know its 9000 without a doubt
>>
>>17217374
Like a predator ready to pounce, he knows what he's getting
>>
>>17219236
Me again.

To clarify. If the drivetrain is fine and the exterior isn't completely fucked it's worth more than $900, period. Probably closer to twice that.
If you don't know anything you're somewhat out of luck and that's how these faggots borderline scam people in the first place.
What is he asking to change the hose? Even a headgasket would be borderline worth it for a know nothing to attempt to do themselves.

I mean if you fail.. he'll still buy it. Since he was going to have to change it to sell it anyway.
>>
>>17217374

he's shafting the mom. he'll get a saab 9000 aero for 900 with a very, very cheap and simple fix (coolant leak)

if he didn't want to get it for cheap for himself he'd never tell her to sell it "for parts" for a coolant leak. and especially not for 900 bucks. it's a fucking 9000 aero FFS
>>
>>17219276
>>17219281
>>17219276
>>17219281
I'm not sure if it's an aero, I'd have to check the VIN.

The exterior is in good shape, apart from the usual rust from age, a little cleaning and it's good
Interior is fucked, leather seats are worn af from previous owner. Some of the carpeting is trashed, and generally all around not taken care of.

Mechanically, it works great I've test driven it for her many times. That is until the coolant leak issue.

Since she just bought a van she's planning on selling it anyways. Engine could go for $1500 alone based from some google searches
>>
>>17219223
>it's the line from the coolant that's leaking

Rubber hose. $20 and an hour or two plus skinned knuckles to put it in. What kind of son are you?
>>
>>17221913
The kind that got her a van (which she wanted) and is trying to make her some extra money by selling her old junk cars

She also has a 2003 ford focus that I'm going to sell as well
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.