[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

De-Ricing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: special euro rice.jpg (34KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
special euro rice.jpg
34KB, 600x337px
https://martinsburg.craigslist.org/cto/6090103282.html

How fixable is this? I want an E30, this is the only one near by but it's clearly owned by a child. It apparently comes with another motor too, but fixing the aesthetics on this seem like it might be a nightmare.
For what it's worth I do own a paint gun and a compressor, but I've never done a whole car and I have no idea what to do about the comicbook paper mache monstrosity on the fender. If there's clear coat on that it might have to go back to bare metal...
So, is this worth it or should I keep waiting?
>>
Keep waiting. Save the money for a cleaner E30 once it comes up, the peace of mind knowing you bought a maintained E30 will be worth the price tag.
>>
>The fender has a custom fender covering(comic book)
At least he didn't go all the fucking way with that MCM ripoff.
>>
>>17212654
Dont buy it man

If its been owned and riced out by some kid, it sure has been hooned, neglected and tons of broken stuff.

>>17212667
>Keep witing

Exactly this
>>
>>17212654
The car's current state is indicative of its treatment. Don't buy this.
>>
>>17212675
That's exactly what I was thinking.
There's probably piss all over the back that isn't shown
>>
>>17212654
Every time I see a chinked out E30 I want to savagely beat Moog from MCM until my wrists break.

>LE CHOPPED

I bought a 325e from a high school kid and it was pretty badly maintained. I could tell that he meant well and a lot of it wasn't his fault, but it's clear it was driven pretty hard. It was lowered with ebay springs to the point where the midpipe has been repeatedly crushed against the rear subframe, which has made a pretty massive exhaust leak. There's no catalytic converter, which I'm fairly sure is because it bottomed out on a speed bump and deleted itself. There was also one of those six puck clutches in it, which pretty nearly destroyed the flywheel. It also needed a new head gasket. Also the timing was a tooth off (maybe because "advanced timing makes more power") and it chewed the head up pretty badly.

The best part was the plumbing ball valve that was in series with the IACV. The idle control computer was completely missing. Glove box is missing. Sketchy aftermarket ROM in the ECU. Tires were dry rotted.

It's really easy to say "don't bother, that thing is super fucked," but these cars deserve to be unfucked. If you're someone who's capable of unfucking it and you have the time and money, I beg of you. If someone doesn't buy it and unfuck it, then it's going to end up in the crusher and there will be one fewer E30 in the world.
>>
>>17212654
If you get this, just get a new fender and hang this one on a wall or something, gonna be much easier. Otherwise, remove tape, paint/replace wheels and hood and aesthetics-wise it's back to normal.
>>
>>17212654
That's beat to shit and the little flat brimmed vapetard has already stuffed it at least once being a Ken Blockhead.
>>
>want to buy an e30 and spaw an m50 into it
>hardfy any in ok condition for under a million euros
This seems ok tho
http://www.mobile.bg/pcgi/mobile.cgi?topmenu=1&act=4&adv=11489341256099734&slink=38eqix
excuse the horrible site just click on the pictures
>>
i'm an e30 guy and somewhat drunk. willing to help with advice for a while

this car is not worth 3k. maybe 2k tops if it runs alright

lemme list a few things and how easy/hard i think to fix it

>fender
easy fix, junkyard fender or sand and repaint
>hood
same as above
>red rice wheels
$100-300 for bottle caps on CL to replace or just repaint them silver.
>interior parts
easy, junkyard to finish it off for any missing parts.
>all the parts he installed
kinda good/bad. depends on if he seems like someone you can trust. I personally wouldn't unless he has shop receipts.
>>
Slightly related, I wish it was viable to buy/restore shitboxes and make a bit of money doing it. Doesn't have to be much, just enough. It'd be cool to rebuild commuters, sell em to less poorfags and such
>>
>>17212907
well if you guys keep buying old shitboxes to fix em up, there will be people working at factories to make aftermarket parts, so buy that shitbox and support parts manufacturers for old cars
>>
similar question. bought an e46 328i and the cunt before me slapped an ///M badge on the ass. how to safely remove?
>>
>>17212881
5 or 6 months ago there was e30 with m50b28 and hydraulic handbrake for like 4600 levs
>>
>>17214923
It's just adhesive. Some dental floss will take care of it. Goo remover may be necessary
>>
File: 1483292621542.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1483292621542.png
127KB, 601x508px
>>17214923
Seeing people drive around with game badges makes me cringe
>>
File: IMG_0497.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0497.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17212654

hey dude, i actually own an e30 unlike most of these posters.

that exterior isn't bad. the stickerbombed panel looks a bit misaligned and the hood is unfortunate but otherwise it looks like it just needs a nice cleaning.

but none of that shit matters. go see the car, look for rust. if it has rust, don't buy it. you won't even know where to look if you've never owned a rusty e30. do some research. tip: there will be rust.

if there is minimal rust and the m20 runs nicely, buy it for $1500. if this were a non riced out coupe "is" model in better overall condition, it would be worth a lot more. find the problems and talk him down.
>>
>>17214923
heat gun/blow dryer with some fishing line. get it to heat up then put the line under there to pull it off. goo gone after until residue is gone
>>
>>17212654
The inspection sticker on this thing is a year out of date...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.