[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am looking into getting a Mustang. How would you rate your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

I am looking into getting a Mustang. How would you rate your ride in comfort? Reliability? Pros and cons.
>>
>>17210029
lol 2 star crash safety
>>
>>17210032
Lol safety
>>
You're getting the V8 right?
>>
>>17210032
>caring about safety
>>
>>17210053
Maybe baby.
>>
>>17210053
the egoboost is decent out of the box and has massive tuning potential tho
>>
>>17210167
Not a v8 tho
>>
>>17210176
>get fucking destroyed by an i4
m-muh v8
>>
>>17210167
what's the upper limit people have gotten out of that thing? Of course before major part upgrades like new turbo or internals, since the V8 has that option at that point as well.
>>
>>17210167
imagine how much power you could get if you took two ecoboosts, put them side-by-side and kept them totally separate until you reached the driveshaft
>>
>>17210167
Not interested in ecoboost. Either V6 or V8.
>>
>>17210187
>get fucking destroyed by an i4
Lol no
>>
>>17210187
>gets fucking destroyed by its boost
m-muh egoboost
>>
>>17210029
Pretty comfy, the irs left stock soaks up a lot of bumps, new interior is a massive improvement over the older cars and the premium is very nice inside. Most problems I'm aware of are the results of irresponsible mods.

I like mine anyhow.
>>
>>17210029
I guess it all comes down to what you want to do with it. If you don't want to mod, I'd say a v8 is good. Very reliable engine as well as the car is pretty damn fast at stock. Only thing I've never liked about Mustangs is the ride can get a little rough at certain times. I was debating between a 2016 Mustang GT or a used 2015 Challenger shitpack and I went with the shitpak because the ride was real smooth and I liked the idea of being in a giant land cruizer.
>>
>>17210236
So a V6 gives you more room to tinker with it as opposed to a V8?
>>
>>17210032
2 star in Euro. Taking into account "lack of active avoidance features" and the dynamics of a rear passenger dummy. Its 5 star in the US and does well in all crash scenarios. The US back seat didn't have the dummy problem. So maybe Europe is jelly and got political.
>>
>>17210032
>the camaro cant leave you without a leg
>>
>>17210566
If you want to tinker with your car, ecoboost is a much better buy. There is reason why ferd is discontinuing the v6 stang. There really isn't a reason to go with a v6 unless you're getting one hell of a deal. You can still mod the v6 though.
>>
I drove them. All but V6. Had an ecco premium for a week rental. I liked it. Quiet, went down the highway nice, better power than I expected, sounded better than I expected and handled well. GT was awesome. I would like a GT or a stage 2 eccoboost. But people have been saying that ecco go boom. Eccoboost is very tempting when you can get one loaded with 12000 miles for around 20k. But if the engine blows, then no deal.
>>
>>17210603
The challenger is the leg eater.
>>
>>17210236
I love the highway feel of the challengarger. Good handling considering how heavy.
>>
>>17210167
how much power can you get without replacing everything?
>>
>>17210566
The gt has a massive aftermarket, ecoboost is decent as well, no one give a dick about the v6.

I'd really say get the v8 or don't bother.
>>
>>17210192
~340-350 hp at the wheels. Stock block will only handle up to about 400 hp, but you'd need a bigger turbo, meth or E85 injection, etc. to get there.
>>
>>17210841
Ive seen the ecoboost get into the low 12's on stock turbos and internals
>>
>>17210867
Maybe with just a tune and better tires. A tune with bolt-ons you'd be running mid to low 11s with good tires. Anything quicker will require fuel mods, bigger turbo, and engine mods.
>>
>>17210029
It seems like no one else here he a whole lot of experience with it. I drove a GT for over a year and a half. It is very comfortable with the leather seating package, is decently fast, you can get good second gear rubber, and the clutch pedal feels like ass. Seriously, take the damn helper spring out if you get one.
>>
>>17210167
>buy Ecoboost Mustang
>spend thousands of $ on making it faster and better sounding, throwing your warranty out the window and reducing reliability in the process
>when you could have spent the same on a Mustang GT that is fast and nice sounding out of the box

I will never get this
>>
>>17211852
I'd still tune a GT if I got one. Warranty is irrelevant. Why even post on an enthusiasts board if you're going to keep your car stock?
>>
So ecoboost over V6 is what you're saying?
>>
>>17210029

NA V8s last longer than TWIN boosted inline 4s

theres your reliability.

IBN4 "muh memes"
displacement inst a meme
>>
Is there any reason to get the V8 instead of the Ecoboost if you plan on using it as a daily driver and 90% of that is going to be to and from work and the shops?
>>
>>17210167
Op asked for reliability.
I doubt the ecoboost is even remotly reliable.
>>
>>17210032
>uk
>relevent

nice bait my dude
>>
>>17213161
>Is there any reason to get the V8 instead of the Ecoboost
Car enthusiasts will most likely call you mean names if you don't get the GT. Ecoboost is better for a daily driver, without a doubt.
>>
>>17213161
if you have a vagina
if you're gay
>>
>>17213168
>I doubt the ecoboost is even remotly reliable
Neither is the v8.
Sports cars are not really known for their reliability. Try getting one to 110k without some major mechanical failure. If you want a long lasting reliable car, go buy a civic.
>>
Get a gt they are fun but stock no where near comparable to a SS in terms of raw feeling (Gt vrs a SS)

If you want and to be thrown into your seat get a SS

If you want ride quality go mustang
Good for long drives

Reliability wise partly depends on if your driving the piss out of it all the time or not
>>
>>17210029
1. Are you Too Old?
2. Do you like Cars & Coffee?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.