[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /o/ hate electric motors ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 17

File: Elon_Musk_2015.jpg (396KB, 1011x1484px) Image search: [Google]
Elon_Musk_2015.jpg
396KB, 1011x1484px
Why does /o/ hate electric motors ?
>>
Because I grew up romanticizing the art of properly driving ICE cars.

The interplay of throttle, RPM, and power output is something I love.
>>
>>17209926
charging time, high weight, tendency to be forcibly tied to bullshit nanny software or touchscreen bullshit.
>>
I love electric cars. Sell me one for $3000 or less. No? Okay thx bye.
>>
it's just retarded vocal luddites
>>
because tesla zealots
no, really, that's it
tesla fans ruin everything
>>
>>17210075
fanboys ruin everything in general, see GTR, Ecoboost, etc fans.
>>
>>17209926
electricity is a meme
>>
because they solve nothing
>>
>>17209926
/o/ doesnt hate electric motors. /o/ hates what they stand for.
>>
>>17209926
doesnt work in others conditions besides san francisco climate
>>
File: 4356547548678.png (540KB, 1000x7960px) Image search: [Google]
4356547548678.png
540KB, 1000x7960px
>>17209926
Ellon Musk is fucking amazing and Europeans hate him because he is going to destroy their supercar monopoly.
>>
how does electricity work?
>>
>>17210576
electrons, magnetic fields
>>
>>17210576
I don't know. How do magnets work?
>>
>>17210576
its like water bro!
switch gravity with voltage difference!
switch amperage with volume!
>>
>>17210574
>crashed his mclaren F1
>>
>>17210574
his net-worth is pretty much all from his paypal shares, everything else he's done has been at a loss of either his or investor's money
>>
>>17210585
>gravity

Whoa there retard.
>>
i don't hate them but i sometimes commute 140km or more for work so range is an issue for me

i will get an electric motorycle when cost comes down and range improves because sickfast
>>
File: header.png (16KB, 800x558px) Image search: [Google]
header.png
16KB, 800x558px
Because these are the kind of fags who own them
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla_model_s
>>
>>17210642
this. he's a marketing con man charlatan.
people are so gullible.

>muh fake stutter so i sound like a genius!
>im going to explain exit velocity to a room of adults like I would to an 8th grader
honestly, he only appeals to idiots. its so cringy listening to him explain trivial physics like he's tesla or something.

maybe that's whats needed to shake up the energy sector idk, but it sure is fucking annoying to people with 3 digit iqs
>>
>>17210642
>it's a financially illiterate retard tries into basic accounting
I'm not a fan of Musk by any measure, but you should probably read up something like Business Administration for Dummies before posting replies this retarded.
>>
>>17210650
gravity is the best example of potential energy..
>>
>>17210669
Its pressure my man, not gravity.
>>
I don't actually mind the idea of electric cars. I think it's cool. it's something different from the conventional.
what I can't stand are the people that drive them and claim they're so much more environmental than I am.
>>
>>17210662
>bitter autist from 4chan reveals the truth about Elon Musk
>a story of a teenage by who opened the eyes of million 'stupid normie retards kek'
You should publish a memoire before the suicide.
>>
>>17210678
worse analogy.
gravity is much better.
>>
>>17210690
if you dont think he's cringy you're probably just stupid or you havent watched a single panel with him. he will explain basic physics for like 10 minutes. and the audience is just silent like.. uh.. yea we know.

he made his billions in an era where they were handing out free money. mark cuban tier.
i respect what he'd doing from an ideological standpoint but he's still an autismo.
>>
>>17210658
This is kind of sad desu.
>>
>>17210658
>http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla_model_s
>gets yelled at by dad for being a faggot
>thinks car guys don't know what a fucking Model S is
>thinks his base model handles like a Ferrari
>"OMG CARBON MONOXIDE KILLS YOU"
>"hurr it's a spaceship"
Musk needs to eliminate these people to improve his brand. maybe have the car hit a brick wall with them inside and claim it was the algorithm placing zero value on their lives?
>>
>>17210658
>it feels like a ferrari
He's never driven a Ferrari, it won't ever be one. It does not feel like one at all
>>
>>17210733
it feels like a Ferrari
the plastic one on his friend's shelf, bought from Walmart
>>
>>17210714
>he will explain basic physics for like 10 minutes
So? It's good marketing aimed at investors. That's one of his main functions as a CEO.
>from an ideological standpoint but he's still an autismo
Wew non-statement consisting of inane /pol9k/ buzzwords. Looking forward to more brilliant analysis.
>>
because radiation
https://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/agents/emf/
>>
>>17210658
LOL retarded aurduino hobbyist numales actually believe they know more than tuners. it's like they dont even realize r/c cars have been a thing for 30 years.

this picture sums up the mindset of a numale perfectly. le getting back at the world.
>>
>>17210753
>So? It's good marketing aimed at investors
Exactly.. I literally said that in my first post and you got butthurt. He's a great marketer.
Fanboys like you are stupid as fuck ahahaha
>>
>>17210774
>con man charlatan
>fanboys ahahaha
This site is 18+. Please, leave.
>>
>>17210753
ideology isn't a buzzword bro
>>
>>17210783
Great argument!
>>
>>17210753
>/biz/ ebay reseller pretending to be a sales genius detected
*tip*
>>
>>17210765

I have found that "tuners" also don't know shit.
>>
>>17210801
>pretending to be a sales genius
Wut. You don't have to samefag, buddy, your underage ebin trolling is not particularly exciting.
>>
This thread has been done a jillion times, fuck off.
>>
>>17210694
Sure, tell that to every electrician and electrical engineer ever.
>>
Because uneducated people are afraid of what they don't understand and are resistant to change
>>
>>17210845
>people are afraid of what they don't understand and are resistant to change
you're half right for me
I know what's coming, I don't like it if Musk is at the helm
>>
>>17210845
>electric cars can compete with ICE

Please kill yourself post haste.
>>
>>17210845
>hurr our car isn't an overpriced gimmick full of half-assery and shitty compromises
>durr you're just all stupid unwashed plebs
Nice trip, Elon.
>>
>>17210845
nigga until Tesla or any electric car company can mass produce their cars, no change is coming.
>>
>>17210864
I could only imagine if Musk showed up here for an AMA
it would be chaos
>>
File: luxurysales.jpg (140KB, 784x363px) Image search: [Google]
luxurysales.jpg
140KB, 784x363px
>>17210858
>>17210864
The thread reads
>Why does /o/ hate electric motors ?
Many cars have electric motors. Not sure why you are spazzing out about one company

>>17210860
>electric cars can compete with ICE
The sales numbers agree, good observation

>>17210877
In what way are Teslas not mass produced?
>>
>>17210880
kek I would love to see that.
>>
>>17209926
Electric motors are fine, the real downside is energy storage.

While an EV may one day be better than a ICE they dont have the same feel.
>>
>>17210897
No really, end your life.

EVs are shit.
>>
>heartbreaker
he's here to troll u playing le devils advocate. he does it in every thread. if you question him he will post a picture of him changing a clutch on an expensive car as some kind of validation for his opinions.

theres no question teslas are bad quality meme cars.
and nothing on them was invented by musk.
GE motors.. Panasonic batteries.. built in copied BMW factories..

but theres also no question that the future is not with gasoline.
hes playing normies like a fiddle and its working.
>>
>>17210897
I'm only mentioning Musk by name because his company is the biggest driving force in the EV market right now. My issues with EVs stem from charging time, vehicle weight, and the tendency to "app-ify" any car with an electric motor.
>>
Teslas are solid cars, they're fast, they're comfy, they've got great range (500miles is more than most of the shitty econo-sportsmobiles that /o/ drives which is proof in itself that it's plenty) sure you've got to pay an early adopter tax but they're great cars in their own right. The problem stems from their supporters thinking that electric is better and their detractors thinking that electric is worse. Just like how stancefags think destroying a car looks good and sane human beings don't, just like how tuners think a 650hp j2z is cooler than a 650hp v8 and muscle car guys think the opposite. Why do we have to fight, can't we just all get along and like each others cars? (Except for those fucking stancefags)
>>
>>17210950
>can't we just all get along and like each others cars?
no you faggot. back to speedhunters with ur gay rhetoric.
>>
My problem is that Teslas are shit, there fan boys ruin any cred they ever had.

The hyperloop is stupid, cause creating vaccums is a bad idea,Especialy without a Vaccum break.

But, MY BIGGEST ISSUE, that they dont last, like say a battery pack for a EV car is $4k, and every 7 years you need a new battery pack.

With that in mind, my corolla is 28 years old, its cost me $1900 and probaby $2k in repairs and up keep, so: if a tesla needs a new battery pack every 7 years and costs $4k so ypu wpuld need to spend $12k to keep it on the road as long as my corolla
>>
>the year is 2022
>Mercedes has perfected autopilot software
>BMW creates award-winning electric motors
>Audi produces outstanding new batteries
>the Japanese are not falling behind at all
>companies compete collaborate and own the market

>Tesla releases Model S P420D with fashionable 2012 interior that does 0-60 in 1 second while fully depleting the battery and occasionally setting it ablaze
>Autopilot is scheduled to be released within next decade
>Reddit is still ecstatic about Elon 'The Space Boy' Musk
>SolarCity market cap surpasses Apple, despite company not being able to self-sustain
>SpaceX engineers now work for food, free T-shirts and stern fatherly looks from Elon
>first pre-order customers begin to receive Model 3
Heard it here first, folks.
>>
>>17210950
the 100D (longest range model) doesn't to anywhere near 500 miles. looking at Tesla's own site (70 F temp with AC off going 65MPH), it gets 351. you CAN get 514 by going 45 the whole trip, but who measures range with such stupid conditions as that?
it's impressive range regardless, but try not to oversell it. we get enough "magic tesla car" as it is
>>
>>17210950
>Teslas are solid cars
Yes.
>they're fast
Yes.
>they're comfy
No.
>they've got great range
No.
>but they're great cars in their own right
No.
>can't we just all get along and like each others cars?
No.
>>
>>17209960
See, this is exactly what I hate. What in the FUCK is the reason for putting a giant fucking touchscreen in there? Why in the hell do we have to ditch a conventional speedometer and then put it on the touchscreen that is in the middle of the dash?

The missus old Ion was like that and we hated it
>>
>>17211008
selling to "techies", the kind of people who know nothing of technology, but bought the new iPhone first so they're "an expert"
>>
>>17211008
because it's marketed to normals. retarded normals are the only people buying them.
that and retarded benchracers who think its cool to go to 1/8th miles and beat faster cars.
it's literally autism on wheels, dude.

no point getting butthurt about it.
>>
>>17209960
the Model S is about the same weight as the S class, 7 series, and a8.

charging time is irrelevant unless you are less than 10% of drivers.
>>
>>17211062
considering I run with low fuel pretty often, I might be in that niche. Plus, I find the S class to be far nicer inside than the Model S. they used that extra weight for interior stuff, not drivetrain.
>>
>>17211062
>charging time is irrelevant
If you're a worthless NEET maybe. For everyone else the difference between filling up in 5 minutes and spending an hour near a charging point is quite relevant. Not to mention Supercharging actually degrades the battery quite significantly.
>>
>>17211098
>>17211074
https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/ohim/onh00/bar8.htm

most people drive less than 80 miles per day.
>>
>>17211098
the best charging for the life of the battery is 120V with an adapter, and is about 3-5 miles for each hour of charging depending on the circuit breaker.
>>
>>17211126
but then the question becomes how often do I remember to charge and what happens if I do take a trip beyond the range limit?
>>
I have nothing against people using electric cars
I just won't, I dont want to see ICEs banned and full fledged electrics have no place in motorsport because they always get btfo
>>
>>17211126
I drive about 120. long commute
>>
>>17210959
The prices will ultimately drop when electric driving becomes an every commodity. I would compare it to an oil change
>>
>>17211126
>want to long-distance travel in my car
>have to plan the trip around chargers and waiting time
Wow. The future is here.
>>
File: Ross-Nv-Hwy-Signs-gas[1].jpg (17KB, 502x305px) Image search: [Google]
Ross-Nv-Hwy-Signs-gas[1].jpg
17KB, 502x305px
>>17211130
which can be done over night at home. when grid demand is low and prices low.
>>17211135
plan ahead to make sure there is a supercharger or a generic DC fast charger on the route.

gasoline cars had this problem too until the 80s. fuel economy sucked and the interstates needed time to develop and have gas stations at damn near every exit.
>>
>>17211143
you're a tiny minority, and should probably move. because you are being incredibly unproductive with that long commute.
>>
>>17211162
>fast charge
And wreck my batteries?
>>
>>17211169
less than an hour each way, shorter time than my old NYC commute.
>>
>>17209926
cant wrench on a battery
>>
>>17210662
>>muh fake stutter so i sound like a genius!

it's called a speech impediment

and how the hell does it make someone sound like a genius?

you're retarded

>its so cringy listening to him explain trivial physics like he's tesla or something.
HE LITERALLY HAS A PHYSICS DEGREE
>>
>>17211181
not true.
anyone can, once
>>
>>17211172
batteries only take a hit if they get hot and stay hot. which could corrode the lithium anode.

EV batteries have gotten better about tolerating heat in the past few years. Tesla has liquid cooling for their pack.

fast charging is also something you are supposed to do infrequently. using 240v or 120v for majority of your charging.
>>
>>17211182
he acquired a speech impediment at age 35?
watch his old interviews he doesnt have one.
he's 100% fedora tipper.

and I didn't say he didnt know physics. improve your reading comprehension.

retarded fanboys i swear..
>>
>>17211181
battery packs are incredibly easy to self fix. provided you follow some basic electricity safety. people have been changing out bad cells in Prius packs since they first came out.

everything else is whole component replacement and fairly straight forward.
>>
>>17211182
it's an anxiety stutter. I do the same thing unless i'm really confident about what i'm speaking about.
>>
>>17211217
can you remove most of the batteries from the model S and make it faster? like dropping most of it, having fun at the strip/ time attack/ conefagging/etc then putting it back on and have range to go home.
>>
>>17211008
I honestly like Teslas, but I 100% agree here. I do not want a giant fucking touchscreen in my dash board. I hate that all cars are starting to have them nowadays. Even cars that I love otherwise, if they have a touchscreen in them, I will always hold a little bit of hatred inside.
>>
>>17211263
No, but you could theoretically build another mini pack and swap between them, if you were able to come up with a BMS that worked with the cars firmware. People have already built third party motor controllers, only a matter of time til people start making their own packs.
>>
there's nothing in a modern ev that hasn't been in r/c.
its the exact same thing scaled up.

rc even did it all first.
>>
>>17209973
Oh and you can pull apart a rear end, rebuild an engine or pretty much diagnose an odd noise?
>>
>>17211263
the whole pack drops by removing 4 bolts. though you then have to drain the battery coolant.

you could make a light pack. then you have to worry about all the changes to handling and traction that would cause.

though I wouldn't try to pop out thousands of individual cells and put them back in constantly. I would have a normal pack and a track pack.
>>
>>17209926
real talk guys: AC or DC?
I say DC because I wouldn't mind changing the brushes every few thousand miles for crazy power and torque
>>
>>17211338
>4 bolts
Actually 34 bolts, but close

> though you then have to drain the battery coolant.
No you don't, there's a self sealing rapidmate connector. Just have to purge system after swap.
>>
>>17210746
the one shoved in his anus you mean?
>>
>>17211182
>HE LITERALLY HAS A PHYSICS DEGREE
So it suddenly becomes not cringy to baby talk basic physics to people if you have a degree?

Also, lots of people have physics degrees. It doesn't automatically make you Stephen Hawking.
>>
>>17211156
>$30 to chamge a battery pack at a shop
> $10 to do it yourself
Changing a battery pack will NEVER compare to an oil change you retarded numale
>>
>>17211472
except that one day, you'll be able to strip all the batteries out of your tesla and use the equivilent of a AA to run the whole thing for 1k miles
>>
>>17211553
>running a car on a single AA
what kind of battery tech does it use? does it channel the force of /r9k/ masturbating?
>>
>>17211217
Retard. He's talking about doing fun mods to the engine like more power and stuff. Electric cars are boring as fuck in every regard.
>>
>>17211600
>I can't put a cold air intake on it, must mean it's impossible to modify
>>
>>17211677
Electric motors are boring as fuck retard. Im not just talking about "making fast!!!" Im talking about enjoying wrenching on cars, taking apart engines, modifying them, feeling the power, and hearing the roar of the engine. An electric motor is homosexual in every way you can imagine.
>>
>>17211677
Electrical systems are a shitload more expensive and dangerous to modify though.
>>
File: 20150128_162531.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20150128_162531.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>17211705
>Im talking about enjoying wrenching on cars
Fortunately electric cars are still cars

> taking apart engines
You can take apart electric motors

>modifying them
Just as easy to modify an EV as a gas engine car

>feeling the power
If you want to feel the power of an EV you can grab onto two hot leads from a 400v battery at 600amps, should give you a good idea how much power it takes to accelerate 5000lb cars 0-60 in 2 seconds

Electric cars are just as fun to work on as gasoline cars, different set of challenges, different set of problems, you just need a bit more brain power than the average cold air intake and bolt on exhaust installing mouth breather.
>>
>>17211716
>Electrical systems are a shitload more expensive and dangerous to modify though.
Versus what? You can spend a little or a lot on either. As far as danger it's easy to implement redundancies in the system to prevent exposure to high voltage. When I hear people say this it's like when people say "guns are dangerous, you might shoot yourself." As long as you aim in a safe direction, keep your finger off the trigger, and treat it as if it is loaded there is a 0% chance.
>>
>>17211730
less brain power even.
motors and batteries are much simpler than ic engines.
thats literally one of their benefits.
>>
>>17209926
I don't hate the motors, I hate the batteries.
>>
>>17211746
Sort of, I'd say they are a bit different. If you are smart and learn quickly (which obviously everyone in this thread falls under, since they already know everything) learning electric will be fast and easy as long as you are using out of the box motor controllers and batteries, but people who can't understand the electrical concepts will never figure it out because you can't see a lot of what is going on. Gas engines you need to learn a lot through experience regardless of how smart you are, smarter people will learn faster but even slow learners will eventually figure them out as success/failure is much more clear.
>>
>>17211730
>Fortunately electric cars are still cars
No they aren't
>you can take apart electric motors
Lol They only have a few parts, and it's no challenge at all to do work on them, and it's extremely boring. I've worked on them, I doubt you have ever touched a wrench in your life.
>ez 2 modify
Oooh yeah, sounds fun entering some code into your ipad.
>>
>>17210574
That picture is ridiculous. The man did more in 10 years than what 100 year old car companies with billion dollar tax bailouts have done. All while taking bleeding edge technology and actually doing things with it. Of course he is going to have a few setbacks.

Not even a Telsa guy but come on
>>
>>17210605

How the fuck is a filename like that possible?
>>
>>17210658

lol he admits to liking his Tesla because he's still salty over his inferiority complex issues with auto mechanics.
>>
>>17211705
>>17211716
Your options are literally PC overclocking autism equivalents. You gain more power by putting more amps through it, that creates heat, you mitigate the heat through cooling. That's it, as exciting as it gets is you fucking up and the whole thing catching on fire.
>>
File: 1488517300553.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1488517300553.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
Cause I can buy a golf cart and rip out the speed limiter and I would have the same vehicle as a Tesla
>>
File: rocka-930x578.jpg (138KB, 930x578px) Image search: [Google]
rocka-930x578.jpg
138KB, 930x578px
>>17209926
My problem is how do you indicate that you want to race at a stop light? Reving your engine? *Whish whish* real intimidating. I mean they are pretty fucking crazy off the line, but half the fun of calling some one a fucc boi is the screaming engine.

>Im salty because I got skunked really badly by a tesla.
>>
>>17211838
Tesla exists cause there is a market or it

If toyota made a EV car, or better a hydrogen car, tesla wpuld get ass raped in the market so hard they would pull out
>>
>>17209926
Electrics cars can't keep up on the wangan, pretty boy
>>
>>17210584
how do they work?
>>
>>17212584
>hydrogen car
dream on
>>
Not unless it can beat my Ford Focus in price and practicality. I'm a practical man, I don't give a shit about your gay Silicon Valley utopias.
>>
>>17209926
We don't, we hate the lie that they are better for the environment than ICE.
>>
>>17210658
>it detects that I'm near by and the handles pop out

He forgot to mention that because they don't have strain relief in the cable runs they don't work once out and cost almost $1000 to have fixed.
>>
>>17211162
>plan ahead to make sure there is a supercharger or a generic DC fast charger on the route.

And if there isn't one?
>>
>>17210765

>pic

Oh come the fuck on. I was the "idiot that held the flashlight" more times than I can count, hell if today we're working together sometimes I still am, didn't stop me from keeping at it and learning to wrench on my own, and truth be told, well someone has to hold the flashlight.
I really don't like to throw the numale argument around, but holy shit numales and their "I want results without effort" tantrums.
>>
File: Hermione.jpg (39KB, 805x453px) Image search: [Google]
Hermione.jpg
39KB, 805x453px
>>17209926
Because it's the end of an era, motorsport has been defined since 100 years by rev sound, passing gears and messing with your combustion engine.
You can argue there is more about cars than the engine but that's still the heart component.

It's probably a bit like sailors felt when the first steam boats came in the early XIXth making all the navigator science about wind pretty much obsolete.
>>
File: TwinKek.jpg (69KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
TwinKek.jpg
69KB, 600x528px
>>17210718
>maybe have the car hit a brick wall with them inside and claim it was the algorithm placing zero value on their lives?
>>
>>17210658
This makes me want to buy a Model S even more :^)
>>
We only hate that dumb manchild, elon musk.

You can't want a space colony as an intelligent human being without tending to shut off your entire brain any time you have to think about something other than numbers.

Anyone who would give that dipshit money is hurting humanity as a whole. All resources put towards mars/moon bases for general habitation are wasted resources. We're not even finished with this rock. Hell, we still have people living in the stone age. Priorities, people.
>>
File: 1307200900121.gif (57KB, 351x336px) Image search: [Google]
1307200900121.gif
57KB, 351x336px
>>17213431
>We
>>
>>17209926
>Why does /o/ hate electric motors ?

We don't the Nissan Leaf, Renault Zoe and VW E-Golf are all fine cars.

We do hate badly built fission statements that can do one thing well 5 times before needing a 12 hour charge.
>>
File: 1487793697552.jpg (139KB, 570x783px) Image search: [Google]
1487793697552.jpg
139KB, 570x783px
>>17213454
>fission statements
>>
>>17213454
>We do hate badly built fission statements that can do one thing well 5 times before needing a 12 hour charge.
Why would you hate your own genitals, anon?
>>
>>17212584
>If toyota made a EV car
Like the Rav4 EV?

> or better a hydrogen car
Like the Mirai?
>>
File: ICE vs Electric.png (1MB, 1480x1060px) Image search: [Google]
ICE vs Electric.png
1MB, 1480x1060px
>>
>>17214050
Less than 50% of the energy used to move a BEV makes it out of the battery. Nice selectively bypassing most of the efficacy chain.
>>
>>17214059
>hurr durr let me post something absolute retarded that will show them
Step it up, ICEcuck.
>>
>>17214050
>To the left we see beautiful classical art. 100 decades of culture and precision culminating in an engineering masterpiece thats also so simple, guys can rebuilt it after watching a youtube video.
>To the left we see a couple lumps of postmodern art some college liberal arts major shit out after a global warming protest that got canceled due to a freak blizzard and had pizza night instead.
>>
>>17214075
I'm sorry if pointing out your deliberate attempt to mislead people by not including all the efficacy chain has assblasted you into sperging.
>>
>>17210669
So my mom's saggy tits then?
>>
>>17210765
>thinks he knows more about a car because it has an Ipad in it

I think the worst thing about these tesla fanboys is that they have no interest in performance cars but feel the need to spam "muh 0-60" on virtually every video on youtube.
>>
>>17210990
Once the germans get on board it's over for tesla.
>>
I hate people who believe that a battery and an electric motor attached to wheels is high technology and "the future". I don't actually hate them, I laugh at their stupidity.
>>
Satan is my motor.
>>
>>17214601
First they ignore you,
then they laugh at you,
then they fight you,
then you win.
:-)
>>
>>17209926
I don't.... I hate lithium-ion batteries...
>>
>>17210845
I'm working on my EE degree, and I dislike Teslas.
>>
>>17214668
*dips*
>>
>>17210950
>500 miles
Meanwhile in reality, the battery is near flat after 172 miles in a mild winter day.
>>
They are profoundly un-interesting
>>
>>17211181
Actually you can, if you're willing to deal with the several thousand cells a tesla has. You can even easily restore the life of some battery types, although Lithium Ion isn't one of them.
I've rebuilt several battery packs.
>>
Batteries only need to double the capacity/weight ratio and combustion engine cars will look like horse carriages.
>>
>>17214698
>>17214698
>the resulting battery has a fraction of the lifespan
please let this happen :^)
>>
>>17214707
Uh ecksckuse me TESLA BRAND TESLA BATTERIES like what's used in the TESLA POWERWALL for your TESLA SOLAR ROOF have a super TESLA BATTERY CHEMISTRY that only ever dever loses 2% of capacity then never degrades at all you dumb ice cuck.
>>
>>17214717
Also you're btfo 4evr now.
>>
>>17209926
You can't drive it more than 200 miles without waiting hours for it to charge. A car symbolizes freedom and only being able to drive 200 miles is inhibiting on any medium length trip. Also Tesla is the front line of self driving cuckmobiles which requires its own shame just for that.
>>
>>17211126
most people dont spend 100k on a car.
>>
>>17210845
I'm afraid of the futuristic image of EVs being used to justify and normalize dystopian nonsense and understand it very well.

Tesla is working towards it as we speak.

Also fuck ipad dashboards
>>
File: 130221984383.png (84KB, 299x288px) Image search: [Google]
130221984383.png
84KB, 299x288px
>>17211158
>>
>>17214853
>ipad dashboards
this is what pisses me off more than anything
>>
>>17214668
So confirming his words?
>>
>>17214927
>Electric cars
>Hard to understand
Also, I dislike them for reasons other than being electric.
>>
$14 billion and you can't buy hair that works...
>>
>>17209926
Didn't an electric car just hit a 6:45 on the burgerking?
>>
Current battery tech is shit

Current range is shit

Eve is just not ready yet
>>
>>17216335
It's possible. Imagine being able to use the entirety of your fuel in one lap. If you can properly cool an electric motor you can push them to more than 3 times the rated manufaturer output, and I've only experimented with shitty chinese batteries.

There isn't any mass moving to limit revs, theres no pressure to worry about, no air intake, fuel mixture, strokes.

Electric motors are extraordinarily simple, so once battery tech progresses far enough, EV will outpace ICE. It's a simpler system, and we've pretty much pushed ICE to its limits.
>>
>>17211143
So?
>>
>>17211158
Kinda like how they used to do it back when cars got 8-9 MPG and gas stations were not as widespread.
>>
Tesla should be glad /o/ exists. A multibillion dollar manufacturer should look to a bunch of anonymous posts on the internet rather than trust their own analysts and engineers.
>>
>>17210714
Sounds like you're just bitter. Only if you were there when they were handing out free money, huh? Still, it's amazing how he's a billionaire and you're not.
>>
>>17214109
>>17214059
I'm seeing a whole lot of claiming but not a lot of proof.
>>
>>17216446
>17216446
that's true with any board and x company/group.

>The US govt should use pol's advice on policy
>AMD should do what /g/ tells them to do
>game company x should cater to /v/'s requests
>x guns suck, according to /k/ and their users are gehy

the /o/ anti musk pro ICE brigade is one of the more extreme examples I think. Some people here are either super brainwashed or just plain misinformed.
>>
I would 100% buy an electric low weight roaster/coupe. Take a miata, or elise with super basic functions and I will purchase it.
>>
File: 1370708752910.jpg (213KB, 1312x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1370708752910.jpg
213KB, 1312x2000px
>>17211798
>ipad
>>17214853
>ipad
Teslas run GNU/Linux
>>
>>17218594
>fuck off Stallman, this is /o/
>>
I love electric motors, I don't think I'll ever buy an ICE powered car again
>>
Why can't I buy an electric Audi or BMW with 400km range?
Not that I'd ever wanted to be seen in a BMW.
They're just as embarrassing here in Germany as they are elsewhere.
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.