[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these good 4x4's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8316.jpg (34KB, 450x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8316.jpg
34KB, 450x259px
Are these good 4x4's?
>>
File: dememe.png (678KB, 800x444px) Image search: [Google]
dememe.png
678KB, 800x444px
20 series nigger tires
6 inches of ground clearance
Needing 2 supercharger replacements before you get to a trailhead
British reliability.
>>
Land Rover hasn't made a reliable vehicle since the defender, enjoy your blown head gaskets and slipping transmission before you even get to 50k miles
>>
>>17195602
Is a mall crawler for gold diggers a good 4x4?

Fucking Kek.
>>
Very capable offroaders, with opulent luxury to boot.

>Range Rover for road use, occasional off road.

>Land Rover for everything else.

Good luck buying used, be prepared for maintenance costs up the wazoo.
>>
>>17195602
drug dealer car
>>
>>17195635
>enjoy your blown head gaskets and slipping transmission before you even get to 50k miles
*citation needed*
>>
It's the best SUV money can buy.

Of course, all SUVs are shit, but if you really want one, this is what you should aspire to own. They're one of the best means of upsetting poor people, particularly if you park them badly and tailgate people.
>>
>>17195635
>Land Rover hasn't made a reliable vehicle since the defender
Land Rover has NEVER made a reliable vehicle. The Defenders were known for being unreliable POSes. It's just that the Series Land Rovers, the Defender, and the RRC are all old enough that not as much shit can go wrong on them.
>>
>>17195602
No. Driving one not under warranty is a sure way to go broke. These are designed to run for whatever the average lease period is then die. They can be capable off road with different tires and wheels but you are going to breaking down so much it won't matter.
>>
File: Toy-Shop-RangeRover-P38-3.png (626KB, 655x491px) Image search: [Google]
Toy-Shop-RangeRover-P38-3.png
626KB, 655x491px
>>17195602

The P38 is an incredibly sturdy car alltogether - provided you go for the 2.5L BMW diesel, manual gearbox and coilovers.

Sure, electronics will crap out, but nothing essential for moving will break down.
>>
>>17197734 this

mine is dead slooooow but it only cost £1200 and people think im rich now
>>
>>17196473
>>Land Rover for everything else.
Nope. Japanese pickup for everything else, because you can just take the fucking doors off a Land Rover with no tools from the outside, hotwire it, and be away before the dogs bark.
According to actual farmers, anyway.
>>
>>17195635

My old Range Rover got to 90,000 with no problems whatsoever until some chav wrote it off.

These cars aren't unreliable, they're very reliable. They just aren't intended for poor people who will neglect them.
>>
>>17198218

No one thinks anyone is rich in a P38
>>
>>17198624

this x1000000

my family has had a few old rangies and you can tell when they have been looked after, but the first owners tend to be ignorant soccer moms, then drug dealers, then they go to the hodd, then a typical /o/tist sees it on ebay for a cheap price, buys it at 12/15 years old and is surprised when it goes bang

would you buy a maserati or ferrari with a similar history? i don't get people who think that a range rover is built the same as a defender or discovery, they are luxury products not workhorses
>>
yes but they are all used for mall crawling
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.