[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on 6 liter powerstrokes? they seem to have a lot of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (107KB, 991x661px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 991x661px
Thoughts on 6 liter powerstrokes? they seem to have a lot of trouble with injectors, high pressure oil pumps and turbos
>>
File: IMG_20170512_102015.jpg (4MB, 4640x2610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170512_102015.jpg
4MB, 4640x2610px
Get a Cummins
>>
Unless you do nothing but tow heavy loads long distances all day don't buy a diesel truck. Especially a ford after they replaced the 7.3 powerstroke.
The Cummins is a good motor, but the truck it is installed in is a total shit bucket.
>>
>>17194479
It's been proven the frames on Dodges were stronger than the Ford's for a while.
>>
7.3 feels more powerful if you drive them back to back. the 6.0 takes it sweet time getting boost especially in the 6 speed ones
>>
>>17194491
It's also been proven that the Dodge's front ball joints aren't up to the task, the electrical system is garbage, and the interior simply disintegrates over time.
>>
the 6.0 is notoriously shit. avoid at all costs.
>>
>>17194348
They have gotten a bad rap because the first year engines are crap.

2004 and up are good engines once they've been studded and emissions deleted.

6.4 are the engines to avoid.
>>
File: IMG_20161118_154333498.jpg (4MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161118_154333498.jpg
4MB, 4320x2432px
If you want to actually learn about the 6.0, /o/ is not the place. FTE has some decent info, but there's better sites out there. The early 03's are absolute garbage, 05+ are decent. I love 7.3's. but the fanboys have driven the price of them up to meme level. A solid bullet proofed 6.blow will run circles around them anyways. Plus the 05-07 SD are the best looking modern truck Ford has ever made, not to mention the better coil spring front suspension and way better trans. Someday I'll get my insurance auction special thrown back together.
>>
>>17194348
>Buying a non-7.3 Powerjoke
>>
>>17194491
>frames on Dodges were stronger than the Ford's for a while

everything else falls apart other then the frame and motor you fucking retard.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.