[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TWO Cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Anyone here own 2 or more registered cars? What is the costs like? how often do you drive each one any advice? Let's here it pal.
>>
Only making payments on one of four, about $270 a month. Insurance is about $2500 a year for all 4; 2 have liability plus comprehensive, the other 2 have comprehensive and collision.

One car is the main dd and the other was recently inherited, I alternate between driving both for the time being. My truck only gets driven about once a week and often that's just to drive it.

Don't have more cars than you need. But I wanted a truck.
>>
>>17190455
What cars do you have?

I have a small truck and a sedan. The truck costs me around $1000 p.a. The sedan was given to me under unexpected circumstances and it's a nice car (needs some work). I just cant justify spending probably the same amount again for a second car that i'll probably drive on weekends even though it would be nice. Thinking about rego'ing it, burning around in it for a year then sell it.
>>
File: IMG_20160913_184136.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_184136.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
I've got these two on a motorcycle. It's not that bad unless I drive the truck everywhere and have to pay 30 dollars for gas every 4 days
>>
>>17191041
>30 dollars for gas every 4 days
nice meme
>>
File: Fox Ram.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Fox Ram.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
If you drive old shitboxes you NEED two cars in case one decides to fuck you over plus it gives you the opportunity to get different experiences.

In my case, pic related I don't have to pay yearly registration on the fox since it has historical plates that don't expire. You're only supposed to drive on them for some BS series of reasons like going to and from car shows but "maintenance" is on the list so I could theoretically be on my way to pick up fluids or some part not that I've ever heard of anyone being given shit for driving on historical plates. It spends 96% of its time in the garage anyway. Insurance is the only notable expense which costs me double but I have liability only and I'm over 25 with a decent driving record so double $13 a month isn't that much.
>>
>>17191077
>1960s carbed truck engine
>needs premium gas plus lead additive
>implying that it gets anything higher than 20 mpg on a good day

That's kinda expected tbqh.
>>
>>17191077
It is from the 60s and is a truck. What do you expect
>>
Insurance is about 120 per month for shitbox cars, but 30 a month for bikes

I have two bikes, no car.
>>
>>17190415

what is the source of this pic pls
>>
>>17190415
I have 4 trucks on commercial insurance
>2000 ford 7.3
>1996 gmc 1 ton
>2006 dodge 3500 4wd
>1989 chebby 1 ton 4wd
Those are about 1000 for 6 months. Then i have personal cars
>2002 ford explorer
>1999 yukon
>2000 blazer
>1981 blazer
>1965 mustang
>1996 gmc truck
>1971 cheyenne super chevy
>1991 chevy van
Those are about 900 for 6 months. Get a good discount for so many cars obviously
>>
>>17190415
>old school first gen Century Sedan
>rare as fuck Crown Coupe
This dude's ballin.
>>17191475
Also this.
>>
>>17190415

Right now I have two.

>1992 Ford Explorer (4D 4WD)
>1984 Mercedes-Benz 380SL

Insurance is about $120/month for both but I'm also cheating a little bit. Registration is a couple hundred dollars a year.

I really need to fix a couple minor mechanical issues and detail the Mercedes so that I can sell it, because after 4 years I'm finally bored of it.

I've decided motorcycles are far more interesting to me than cars, so I'm going to keep my shitbox Ford and add a third, maybe fourth bike to the garage.

The bikes cost $90/year each to insure and ~$50/year each to register.
>>
>>17190415
Up until last week I had 4 cars and a bike, and I just sold my 144 to make room for something else.
>1978 Volvo 262C with 5.0
>1969 Volvo 144
>1961 356
>1991 LS400
>1979 BMW R80
The porsche is non-op since I don't drive it, but everything else totals me about 85/month for insurance. Right now I'm looking to get a miata, and a 94-96 roadmaster or maybe a 70's wagon if I can find one. Always have more cars than you need, they each have their own unique characteristics and I hope to expose myself to as much as possible.
>>
>1984 Buick Lesabre
Current daily, got an engine build planned for this summer (hopefully).
>1993 Chevy S10
Good for moving stuff, been doing yard work on the weekend, so it's good for picking up bags of mulch and shit.
>>
File: IMG_0082.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0082.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>m3
For nights and weekends

>trugg
For dailying to work and off road stuff

Costs are totally manageable because I'm a fiscally responsible adult.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.