[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nissan Rust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1599.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1599.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
I have a 99 maxima, not my primary vehicle but I use it for errands and my job. It is really rusty along the rockers, rear quarter/wheel wells and lower front fenders. Even one of the points where the driver seat is bolted to the floor is pretty rusty. Otherwise the car runs fine, A/C and power everything works.

Ever since I got this car I noticed a lot of 90's nissans on the road that are affected by similar rust patterns, even some of the maximas post-A32 generation around here are pretty rusty, again moreso than other makes.

Is this common? Post your experiences with rusty nissans or rust in general. I know early 2000's Altimas had issues with rusty floorpans.

Pic related, its my car.
>>
Forgot to add that while body rust is to be expected on most cars from this time, I see it much more on Nissans than others, especially Maximas and Sentras
>>
>>17185732
protip: wash the salt off your car, rust belt dweller
>I see a lot of other rusty nissans
because they're too lazy to wash the salt off their vehicle like you
>>
From what I have seen all Japanese cars from the 90s and earlier rust anywhere where it snows and has roadsalts, with Lexus being the exception. The only thing you can do is get new rockers and rustproof your shit. That is if its worth repairing.

Protip: rustproofing means actual wax shit like Krown, Tectyl, old engine oil or anything else like that, not bedliner, or that bitumen shit that does nothing to actually stop rust.
>>
>>17186282
I bought the car in March of this year in this condition. My other car I wash frequently but this one is mainly used for deliveries and errands so I'm not too concerned about the rockers and such.

There's lotsa hondas and subarus up here older than this maxima that have less rust, and I remember a mechanic telling me that there is a fairly common pattern of rusting with these Maximas, and they usually rust out before the powertrain croaks
>>
File: 20160617_185941_resized.jpg (372KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20160617_185941_resized.jpg
372KB, 1328x747px
Rus patterns that are common on car models are usually due to shitty design, like trim pieces not sitting properly and wearing the paint through, wrong/weak paint (I'm looking at you, 90's Mercedes), low quality steel, and underdimensioned/missing water draining holes/ventilation

>>17186559
Lanolin (fat from sheeps wool) is easily the best in my opinon
>>
>>17186559
>Krown
They drill holes in the body to inject their product. That troubles me and could disrupt my sleep.
>>
>>17187726

Just buy the stuff from your local autoparts store and DIY, no need to drill holes then. Its way cheaper also. Here getting a car rustproofed is 200€ minimum. They even said that this is mainly just the cost of the product (yeah right, only if they are going to dunk the whole car into a pool filled with the stuff).
>>
>>17187011
>Lanolin (fat from sheeps wool) is easily the best
Are you a Fluid Film representative?
>>
File: DSC_0240v1[1].jpg (867KB, 2743x3765px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0240v1[1].jpg
867KB, 2743x3765px
>>17187810
Is that what they use? I knew they sold stuff here for rust proofing, but not that lanolin was their choice of protection

I'll gladly be their shill. Delicious, gellly goodness that sticks like glue to the underside, protecting from fucking everyhting

Smells like rancid death for the first few days tho
>>
>>17187726
Supposedly you don't need to drill holes on modern cars because they're already so full of them you can just find one to spray your shit in. Now I'm sure there are a lot of places out there that still drill holes because they're lazy as fuck but you could probably find a place that won't drill any either on request or just because they do it that way by default.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.