[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have a question when did car mods become a thing? say what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: isg0whn8lwgyjnd6zlqx.jpg (60KB, 800x423px) Image search: [Google]
isg0whn8lwgyjnd6zlqx.jpg
60KB, 800x423px
i have a question
when did car mods become a thing?

say what year exactly and to what extent could you have modified a car back in the day?

Lets say the year is 1999, and you just bought a 1994 Supra, at the time what could you have done to improve the car?

if the answer is there wasnt much you can do back then, my second question is why? manufacturing performance parts should have been a huge deal back then since the economy was still huge

lets fast forward to 2001 when the first fast and the furious came out, the director himself said that those cars were maxed out at the time

now fast forward 2 years later to when 2 fast 2 furious came out, how come everything changed so drastically in such a short amount of time
>>
>>17184974
People modified Model Ts when they were new.
>>
>>17184980
Catch me on the touge, my Model A will smoke you.
>>
>>17184980
fuck your Model T. My Buick Model 10 will destroy you!
>>
>>17184995
>implying my Curved Dash won't make you a sad wollop of a ne'er do well and a half-pence surewood
It beat a train, I say! A train!
>>
>>17184974
That hood scoop on that supra looks retarded. Get rid of that and the car is perfect
>>
>>17185008
>an automobile outpacing a locomotive
You speak frivolously, sir.
>>
>>17185011
Stock for Euro-spec models.
>>
>>17185023
BRING

BACK

RICE
>>
>>17184974
Well obviously tuning your car on a laptop is pretty recent. But like other anons have said people were modding old Ford's and shit.

Big things back in the day would have been Probably smooth internal bearings (no ball bearings), counterweighted crankshafts, and overhead cam on the inline engines. Plus they used hella aesthetic leather belt driven superchargers back in the day.
>>
File: Hzms34f_d.jpg (32KB, 640x615px) Image search: [Google]
Hzms34f_d.jpg
32KB, 640x615px
>>17185785
>hella aesthetic
>>
>>17185785
>>
File: 1494210006218.jpg (219KB, 836x560px) Image search: [Google]
1494210006218.jpg
219KB, 836x560px
>>17184974
By modified do you mean shitty bodykits and underbody neons?

If you had the money and access to a good metal fabricator, you could always mod your car however you wanted .

They made pic related in 1989 breh, F&F director is a filthy liar

now settle down before you blow the welds on your intake manifold
>>
The minute they learned how to make an engine combust internally, they had the keys to make that combustion bigger and better. You could by a supra new in 94 and shim the wastegate for more boost, hell, people were doing it to their supras in 87.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.