[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dorito

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: bnmkgcmj.jpg (59KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bnmkgcmj.jpg
59KB, 480x360px
so im looking at buying this rx8 cheap, is it worth it. or is it toast???

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/6120423936.html

add says

"Greddy kit with bov rebuilt turbo emanage ultimate stainless exhaust Bennett built racing ignition custom painted rims orange and black leather interior heated seats power windows locks seats etc. Does not have nav has aem a/f gauge and greddy boost, oil pressure gauge up on dash in its place car has 50884 miles. Has misfire throwing code for rotor 2 misfire and 02 sensor 1 isn't pre heating so it has a code for that too looking to just get out of the car and invest the time and money in my other projects make cash offer just trying get some money back out of it. between the turbo kit emanage and ignition that's 5500 new."
>>
Replace bad coil and o2, done.
>>
I don't know rotaries very well but if I had to make a guess, it's that it's running way too much boost and the apex seals blew out in spectacular fashion

I'd give him 4 and have him tow it to your place
>>
>>17177795
Air goes in apex seals come out
>>
>>17177809
And do that too
>>
>>17177795
Honestly it's a gamble I have a RX-8 with a near identical setup, and near identical issues. The O2 sensor isn't a problem, the post cat sensor is just for government testing and regulations as far as i know. The misfire could be a huge problem tho, if i was you i'd ask if the owner is comfortable with you taking it to a mechanic for a quick check before you buy it.
>>
File: apex kek.jpg (51KB, 966x1288px) Image search: [Google]
apex kek.jpg
51KB, 966x1288px
>>17177816
>>17177844
had a small intake leak, and a misfire, figured it was the intake, ran fine higher rpm, felt slow for supposedly being ported like my old one. and had a leaking coolant seal (combustion pressurizing coolant)
missing a piece of apex seal and a corner seal, that housing is grooved but it could've been always like that, or the RA seals could've caused it too. rotors look fine, bearings and irons look new. other housing too for a supposedly 30k miles
>>
>>17178828
Sounds like the prior owner didn't adjust the oil injection system. <09 RX-8's have a lubrication problem from stock, forced induction certainly didn't help remedy the lack of lubrication. From what I can tell there's probably a couple of hundred bucks worth of repairs (assuming it still holds good compression, at least 9:1). If that’s the only things wrong with it, tis a decent deal try but I’d try barter for 4k and work your way back from there though. Also if your unfamiliar with rotaries, just beware that you have to treat it like a Fabergé egg until it’s warm then once warm redline the absolute fucker out of it so you don't prematurely wear out the seals and housing.
>>
thanks for all you input. if it needs apex seals. would it still run??
>>
>>17179153
it's an rx7, fc turbo
no supposedly the previous owners would premix.
they are known for cracking rear irons like the plauge at 350+hp.
i chimed in because the rx8 still has a 13b, and a lot of problems will show similar symptoms with the older stlye 13b. i plan on grabbing rx8 rotors and what's needed for the motor i build up. 2 faces were abit lower, i didn't expect to be missing a chunk of apex seal

>>17180588
it's possible for it to still run, and even run decently, might take a few more turns to start then it should, and at lower boost/power levels you might not even notice it
depending how they've fucked up, etc
it's really dependant on too many thing that could be the cause
>>
>>17180588
yes but not for long until they broke again. Running boost on the first gen Rx8 is setting it up to constantly die. Side note second gen is much better because it's has 3 oil injectors while first gen only has 2 thus creating more friction
>>
>>17177795
Money toilet. Rotaries don't actually turn a driveshaft (that's all any engine does) better than a recip engine but they are a meme.
>>
File: 20170510_194121.png (929KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20170510_194121.png
929KB, 1440x2560px
update i got this for a reply.
>>
>>17182328
fuck no, too much misfiring
>adding parts to the car after it starts misfiring
what a fucking retard, you're supposed to add an intercooler, bov, wastegate before you try running it, that motor is probably done now
>>
>>17182328
sounds like it was halfassed turbo "build" by some dumbass that doessn't know shit
offer $500 max if it comes with everything
treat it as a shell that can move under it's own power, build a new motor to go in
>>
>>17177795
The engine is too hard to seal, and incredibly expensive to manufacture.
>>
its is the car "running"

https://youtu.be/1IOLzQM_zqE
>>
File: 20170511_121447.png (807KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20170511_121447.png
807KB, 1440x2560px
i think his bullshiting me...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.