[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: howdagumi.png (931KB, 1054x1093px) Image search: [Google]
howdagumi.png
931KB, 1054x1093px
Is there a cheaper way to test drive an R33 GT-R if you're 21 and an Americlap?

I'll be doing a layover in Japan so this wouldn't be too far out of the way.
>>
>>17175523
R33's are legal to import of you go through JK technologies.
http://jktechnologies.net/
>>
Could go to Canada and look at one there. I imagine they'd POUNCE on having an American look at the car since that specific car would be legal in 3 years.

Dunno how easy it would be to find an R33 GT-R in japan for sale, and with (what I assume to be) zero Japanese language skills, might be hard to convince them to give you the keys.
>>
Ive done this tour. Alot of cars have been written off by overconfident and underskilled drivers. They have a really hefty excess and alot of things you might do arent covered by their insurance. I wouldnt recommend if youre wanting to pretend to be dagumi. P.s the r33 gtr is just a stiffer quieter r32 gtr
>>
>>17175542
I know. I'm not willing to drop 30k on their FMVSS compliance package though.

>>17175543
I'm not going to Canada any time soon. Japan is along the way for a trip to China for me.

>>17175554
I don't want to actually go wild or anything. The goal is really to get a feel for the R33 GTR as a GT car. The R32 GT-R was very compliant and soft from my experience and people seem to suggest that the R33 VSpec/R34 VSpec are uncomfortable. I want to see for myself.

The performance of the R33 is not in doubt. I might do some straight line pulls if there's a clear highway section to see how I feel about turbo lag. If I want to feel adrenaline I can go to my local track and rent a shifter kart which is 100% guaranteed more fun adrenaline rush.
>>
>>17175542
how much performance do you lose through them
>>
>>17175683
If you import one that's at least 21 years old it's EPA exempt. You have to add some extra crash safety reinforcements like additional door beams but that's it.

Forget about EPA compliance, it's insane for anything 1996+ without OBD2 already done.
>>
>>17175713
It's not like I would have been able to buy one right now anyways. Need to make sure I'm not borrowing against my future to get this.
>>
>>17175704
>If you import one that's at least 25 years old it's EPA exempt.
FTFY
>>
>>17175732
No, EPA is 21. NHTSA is 25.
>>
>>17175732
EPA exemption is at 21 years. FMVSS exemption is at 25 as SCBro said.

The only reason why JK Technologies is bothering to legalize R33s these days is because they can make a quick buck on the impatient while doing far less work than they had to do before.

I've waited 15 years, another 5 years is nothing at this point.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.