[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The future of sports cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: GASP.gif (2MB, 201x239px) Image search: [Google]
GASP.gif
2MB, 201x239px
What will be the point of them and the thrill when fucking stock family sedans can accelerate to 60 in 2.x seconds?
>>
>>17174633
Better quality suspension,brakes, steering input,weight and performance
>>
>>17174635
And probally the design too. Soccer Mom Vans are a turn off for whatever gender.
>>
>>17174633
>What will be the point of them
Car's will be sold primarily by styling and appointments rather than primarily by engine performance. Sort of like how clothing is done. The raw material is still cotton and polyester, but you have one piece selling for $14.95 and another made of essentially the same types of molecules going for $18,500 in a boutique shop.
>>
>future
>sports cars

Will be the choice of a route plan that either allows you to be driven in your self-driving car on the more expensive fast lane or the pleb lane
>>
>>17174633
Performance isn't just about acceleration, ameritard.
>>
>>17174633
but cars are getting slower, not faster
>>
>>17174633
This reminds me when my uncle gave me his old car because he was getting a new one and i had just gotten my licence
>200hp
>i learned to drive a 75hp shitbox in driving school
>spin wheels
>lock brakes
>acidentally floor 1st gear and almost hit car in front when pulling away
>shift gears and spin out because i bliped too hard
>>
>>17175287
>having trouble controlling 200hp
what
granted, I learned to drive on a 255hp Maxima so I guess I don't really know what it's like to have more power under your foot than you expected, but still
>>
>>17175316
It really is a lot when you're used to shitty petrol engines where you have to rev to 4k to have enough torque to move
>>
File: 20051029_hasselblad1l.jpg (1MB, 3504x2336px) Image search: [Google]
20051029_hasselblad1l.jpg
1MB, 3504x2336px
Think about cars like cameras.

Mid-90's

Pro photographers think digital cameras are neat toys. Average people can't afford them. 35mm film is still better quality.

1999 Nikon releases D1. only two-point-something megapixel, but it's excellent quality. Good enough for print. Very expensive, but pro photographers save time and money in the long run not having to deal with film. 35mm film still better quality. Pretty much all enthusiasts agree digital will never replace film.

2005 - Anybody can get a good digital SLR for under $500-1000

2010 - Everybody's got a decent digital camera on their phone.

Today - only artists and hipsters use film. Mostly hipsters.

20 years from now - only hipsters will use gasoline.

But that's not really true. Ever try a real medium format camera like the one pictured. It's one hell of an experience. Photo guys know exactly what it is. Most people here probably don't, but they can tell by looking that it's something special.

That will never go away.

Still, most of us will adopt electric cars and never look back.
>>
>>17175561
Look at the history of mobile phones and you have an even more accurate prognostication of the car future
>>
File: IMG_2194.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px)
IMG_2194.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>17175287
god I love being an american. I only use 10% throttle in traffic because huge vee-ayte.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.