[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What newish Volvos are worth considering?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I'm trying to help my brother-in-law find a Volvo. My problem is that I don't know much about Ford-era Volvos and most forums seem to lack any objectivity. One cunt will say the V40 is a shitbox and another will say it's the best car ever. I can't get him to consider a 900 model or an 850, so does anyone have knowledge to spare? I've heard the S- and V70's are okay. Any truth to that?
>>
>>17173701
>What newish Volvos are worth considering?
Oldvos where never worth considering and nothing has changed now

>inb4 triggered oldvos fangirls
>>
>>17173740
>i just came here to shitpost at you
Not contributing much, are you now?
>>
>>17173756
>Not contributing much, are you now?
incorrect
save your money and don't buy an Oldvo
thank me later
>>
I'm sitting in an S60 t6 right now op

Volvo will never be as fast as bimmer or Merc but they're safer and priced better

little plastic pieces break and mine had minor electronic issues but nothing important has ever broken

it's also a dream in the snow. if it doesn't snow or rain a lot it might not be worth it but this t6 is pretty fast

it's also nicer and faster than your mom's old Accord so
>>
>>17173759
Seems like I'm right on the money. You offer no alternative and attempt some kind of meme-speak. So you offer nothing but shitposts and bumps. Your alternative name doesn't even sound clever.
Do you have bad experiences owning Volvos or something?
>>
>>17173767
Well, speed isn't an issue for my brother-in-law. He just needs comfy, safe and roomy. A daily driver with room for the family, basically.
>>
When I was a kid my father had an s70 turbo and it was the shit

This is all the input I have
>>
>>17173811
Honestly, any relevant input is welcome.
>>
File: vlvo.png (2MB, 1666x903px) Image search: [Google]
vlvo.png
2MB, 1666x903px
Old volvo is something special, the rwd tank with drop dead reliability ideology that was volvo sort of dropped off once they entered the fwd era but if all you're looking for is comfy, safe and roomy then they'll get the job done. Straight up though if that's all you (or whoever) want, I would go with something honda or toyota. If you want an appliance over a driving experience than an accord or corolla does that job best. I've been into volvo for years (240's mostly) but I probably wouldn't get a newer one.

Alternative advice: Get a 240 faggit.
>>
>>17174306
Yeah, I told him to get a proper old one, but he's a normie, so he's stuck on FWD. The 850's are "too old", because he wants something that's no more than 7 years old. At least he's safety oriented, but it was kinda like talking to a wall when I tried to sell him on the idea of a RWD.
>>
>>17173790
V70
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.