[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Automakers you have no feelings towards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: dsc_7167.jpg (129KB, 1013x675px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_7167.jpg
129KB, 1013x675px
I don't really care about Mercedes or Lexus. Styling does nothing for me, too many models with awful and nonsensical designations to follow, no manual options, too expensive for me and I'd rather get a BMW/Audi if I had the money.
>>
I dont like or dislike Mercedes, Ferrari, Lamborghini or Cadillac
>>
File: 01_W123_RRT.jpg (274KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
01_W123_RRT.jpg
274KB, 1366x768px
I really like the 70s and 80s mercedes
>>
>>17169746

Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Subaru

I hardly ever see anyone drive any of these, so I have no opinion of them
>>
>>17170108
Where do you live where nobody drives Subaru? Someplace south I guess?
>>
>>17170117

North Carolina. I see them more often than Suzuki and Mitsubishi, but I still don't see them often.
>>
>>17169746

Any of them since I can't afford to buy new.
>>
>>17170124
You must never go to Asheville.
>>
>>17169746
I don't understand the appeal of Lexus/Toyota at all. I do not understand the appeal of Chryslers. I do not understand the appeal of Hyundai or Killed In Actions. I do not understand the appeal of Subaru. I do not understand the appeal of Acura (NSX excluded). I do not understand the appeal of Nissan (GTR excluded). I do not understand the appeal of Volkswagen.

On the other hand, even though I have never owned one I'd really like to see Cadillac figure it all out one day (in our modern time) and get it together to have an American luxury brand to genuinely compete and consistently go head to head with the best Germany has to offer. Don't know why. I don't have any family or friends who have been big into them, but I've always wanted to see them successful. Probably the patriotism in me. I think Dodge is probably the most interesting American car company to follow right now and I've never owned one, either.

I once saw a Porsche owner tell a Mercedes Benz owner that his car was "ostentatious." I laughed.

Now I'm just rambling.
>>
>>17170129

I live in South Mills. I wouldn't be surprised if you've never heard ofit
>>
>>17170217
>Lexus
Most reliable cars in the various luxury segments. Great service departments.
>Toyota
Meme-tier reliability, decent prices.
>Chrysler
They'll finance anyone.
>Hyundai or Killed in Actions
Cheap and the warranties are unbeatable. If you don't want to spend money or stress on a commuter box, they're arguably the clear winners.
>Subaru
Affordable awd and marketing that targets affluent professionals who enjoy outdoor sports and live in the snow belt.
>Acura
me either
>Nissan
They'll finance anyone and design their cars to appeal to that certain type of someone, same as Chrysler.
>Volkswagen
Styling mostly. They're definitely prettier than comparable American and Asian cars.
>>
>>17169746
Go sit in an S Class
>>
Hyundai
Merc
Audi
Suzuki
Any GM brand that isn't holden
>>
File: tesla.png (4KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
tesla.png
4KB, 512x512px
Low hanging fruit, but nonetheless I couldn't care less about this company.

>inability to do any maintenance on my car
>parts take months to years to get
>service centers are few and far between unless you live in the People's Republic of California
>where I live, all driven by middle-aged Asian doctors / engineers
>company and its CEO always wanna get into political fights
>annoying fanboys
>>
They don't look as special or expensive as they charge for them.
The interiors never look as good as their competitors.

Notorious for costing an arm and a leg to repair after warranty.

I get that they're sporty and take corners well, and all of that which means diddly squat on my regular daily commute mostly on the freeway.

And apparently they're bastardizing their one calling card what with plenty of press claiming they're all becoming less fun to drive and more focused on appealing to a larger audience. (mp3 tracks played over the stereo to mimic engine noise, cars becoming more pigfat with more vague steering, fwd products etc.)

And with "muh fun to drive" gone, what is left? Certainly not luxury, looks or reliability or longevity.

And talk about a bloated lineup with too many models....
>>
>>17170227
I'm from New Bern/Greenville/Jacksonville on the east coast and can confirm I've never heard of South Mills.

Sounds like a mall I once went to near Durham though idk.
>>
I don't care about any of them. Brand loyalty is awful. I keep it simple. Make a good car, and I'll like it.
>>
>>17170578
t. mustang owner
>>
>>17170549
You're not entirely wrong but I don't think entirely right. I think it mostly comes down to design. They rode this latest wave too long.

The design team got a little lazy and they got a little stale, and now they're being aped by the likes of Honda and Hyundai (no one can convince me Honda didn't buy a BMW and cut and past everything but the grill for the new Accords). Mercedes Benz, for example, despite not doing anything particularly revolutionary made enough subtle changes to keep themselves relatively unique (don't get me wrong, they're getting aped, too).

Now with Cadillac at least making an effort to make something unique and Audi gaining a lot of ground just because it's not Benz or Bimmer, people are just a little bored with them, is all.

I just think they need to do something a bit more unique in the next few years and you'll see them bounce back.

But no, they definitely don't need 90+ something in the lineup.
>>
>>17170549
#rekt
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.