[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motor Bike Vs Car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1494072543832.png (289KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494072543832.png
289KB, 640x640px
New Fag to /o/ im in quite the predicament as im contemplating on whether to buy a motorbike or buy driving lessons for car hours which cost $100 each lesson which gets you 3 hours. (need 120 hours to drive by myself without supervision where as with a motorbike you can drive immediately after you do your first test)

None of my family members are willing to get my hours up, i usually walk or rely on public transportation to get where i need to go.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1494206589794.gif (646KB, 295x221px) Image search: [Google]
1494206589794.gif
646KB, 295x221px
Rip
>>
>>17166510
Honestly it looks like you're underage. But disregarding the lessons, hours don't matter (at least in my state, looking at the rules now), and car>bike
>>
>>17166517
I turn 19 in July this year.

And thanks for the response.
>>
>>17166443
>$100 a lesson
>3 hours per lesson
>120 hours required
>40 lessons required
>fucking $4000

Where the hell is this so I can never go there.

Also bikes are pretty fun. Super dangerous though. Given the choice between $4000 worth of boring lessons and a motorcycle, I'd head straight for bike life.
>>
>>17166443
Gas the bikes race car now
>>
>>17166443
Motorcycles are toys and nothing more. I fucking love mine but the car is much more practical.

>>17166517
This anon is onto something as well.
>>
>>17166530
Welcome to NSW Australia.
>>
>/pol/tard
>bus rider

Everything in order
>>
>>17166443
i take it youre in Aus and you can only do 10 of those lessons for the 3 hr bonus. i suggest just forging most with a mates car
>>
>>17166553

Yes most of my mates have forged a 100 hours but there's no point if i cant actually drive in the first place.
>>
>>17166443
A decent bike, gear and a couple lessons to get the hang of riding will cost you as much as a car and lessons in the end.

Bikes are fun, cars are practical. On a bike you get wet when it rains, blown all over the place when it's windy and completely disregarded by everyone else on the road. You also can't really carry much more than a backpack's worth of shit at any one time so it makes getting groceries or bringing that new 55" TV home a little more challenging

Bikes are fun though.
>>
>>17166596
Thanks for the info, good to know.
>>
>>17166443
as someone who commutes with a bike every day of the year i can honestly say dont do it OP.
>>
As someone who commutes on a bike everyday of the year in NSW Australia I can say go for it.
I ride a little under 50kms each day and it's mostly bus lanes so it's pretty relaxing. Rain isn't pleasant but if you have waterproof stuff you'll be fine. Getting stuck in traffic during the hot days is the least fun thing about riding for me. But it's winter now so you'll be okay, and by the time summer comes around you should be comfortable enough to lane filter.
>>
>>17166615

I used to. I have no regrets.
>>
>>17166443
Riding a motorbike in Australia is suicide. Just suck up the hours and get your car licence. Or do what I did and wait til you're 25 so you don't need any hours.
>>
>>17166443
Motorcycles are fun but not practical as your only means of transportation.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.