[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Summer project and my dumb ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 26901275182_a27802ca85_b.jpg (266KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
26901275182_a27802ca85_b.jpg
266KB, 1024x683px
Hey /o/ I need help, I know a little about cars and read the sticky but it doesn't cover what I need. I need somewhere I can learn about all the bulk shit that goes in a car such as oil squirters, pistons, cams, headers, timing systems, etc.. Current plan is to buy a 350z with a rear end collision or a third gen camero and possibly build/have built a cute NA motor or something I can be proud of (if I have enough $ at the end)and sell at the end of the summer when I go to college and give them all my money. Just need links to places that have videos or big ass posts with detail so I don't have to rely on my two friends who actually know what they're doing compared to me who can only turn a wrench. Thanks :)
>>
Almost forgot, any tips for fixing unibody stuff would be appreciated as well as other cars I could try to fix instead of the 350 or camero, I just want something sporty
>>
>>17165624
this is a stupid idea
>>
>>17165624
if you dont know shit about cars at this point you might as well save your money and not spend it on something you know nothing about. the probability of you successfully "building" a car based off of no knowledge is very low.

should've taken auto shop classes in high school anon.
>>
>>17165624
youre going to spend more on the car learning than you will ever earn. you'd be better getting some 3k shitbox and fixing problems when they appear
>>
>>17165660
No auto classes at my high school, headed to Toledo next year for mechanical engineering and just wanted to have some fun over the summer since I want a sporty car and wanted to sell my explorer
>>
>>17165670
I've got about 5g saved up and an explorer I'm trying to sell for around 5g, the built engine probably won't happen but it'd be fun
>>
File: 1463359225504.jpg (105KB, 739x742px) Image search: [Google]
1463359225504.jpg
105KB, 739x742px
>>17165657
>>17165660
>>17165670
>>
Get a 350z, go broke trying to fix it.
>>
File: 57845895945p6847.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
57845895945p6847.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
It makes me wonder if people just constantly make bait posts for some sick entertainment or if truely inept people post here seeking advice
>>
>>17165823
Its not bait, I just need help, idk how to prove it
>>
>>17165624

You will put a lot of money into parts then find out that you need alot more time than 1 summer to put this piece of shit together. What will most likely happen if you do this is you will end up with a half built car than you have to pay a real mechanic to fix, and you will end up selling it for 1/10th of what you put into it. Who the fuck wants to buy an unknown reliability rebuilt 350z, especially if its not putting out insane HP. OP your retarded I fucking hate you. Your post made me kick my wall and now my mom woke up thanks asshole.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.