[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Show me a comfier car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

File: 20170506_000911.jpg (426KB, 1015x682px) Image search: [Google]
20170506_000911.jpg
426KB, 1015x682px
Show me a comfier car
>>
File: 1976chryslercordoba.jpg (90KB, 800x464px) Image search: [Google]
1976chryslercordoba.jpg
90KB, 800x464px
>His car doesn't have rich corinthian leather
>>
File: IMG_4071.jpg (68KB, 956x485px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4071.jpg
68KB, 956x485px
>>17154256
>>
File: 100_2835.jpg (98KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
100_2835.jpg
98KB, 800x600px
impala ss bonneville seat swap
>>
File: 1252935337572.jpg (25KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1252935337572.jpg
25KB, 320x240px
>>17154275
>falling for the leather meme
Fabric is superior. Leather is a shit material for comfort.
Leather was mistakenly established as a luxury item back in the beginning of automobiles when they were modeled after horse-driven coaches. Coaches had hard leather seats because it was resistant to the elements. The nicer coaches that rich people owned used fabric for the inside seats the wealthy would enjoy, while their driver outside sat on leather. When autos became more commonplace, normalfags who had never ridden in an actual coach were tricked into thinking leather was a more valuable material preferred by higher classes of people, because of its association with being driven around in a coach (as opposed to a shitty wooden wagon, or riding the horse yourself). Then they had to fuck with the leather to make it ACTUALLY soft and hold up the lie, because it's normally not soft at all. And in the process of making it soft, it becomes less durable than fabric.
>>
>>17154330
Can you show me an example of a high end cloth interior? I'm not trolling, I think cloth is superior too, but I can't think of any high end cars today with this option.
>>
>>17154275
11/10 reference
>>
>>17154343
I think the only examples are performance cars that come with cloth bucket seats. The meme has ingrained itself so severely that everything expensive has leather and richfags eat it the fuck up.

There is some comfortable leather out there, I'll give them that. When you brush the fuck out of it you can get it pretty pliable and soft. The problem is when you make leather as soft as cloth, you remove most of the strength and it won't last as long. When you leave the leather alone to retain its strength, it's hard and it gets scalding hot in the summer and freezing and inflexible in the winter.
Cloth can be simultaneously soft and strong, and doesn't keep heat and cold. But literally everyone thinks leather is superior because car manufacturers told them so.

It's like diamond prices, diamond engagement rings, and the notion you're supposed to spend X paychecks on a ring. 100% marketing that people fell head-over-heels for.
>>
File: LeBaronRSeat.jpg (449KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LeBaronRSeat.jpg
449KB, 1024x768px
>>17154256

>leather
>comfy

Pick one.
>>
>>17154395
Don't forget AWD FOR THE INCH OF SNOW ON MY DRIVEWAY.

The worst part about leather is having your backside stick to it on a hot day. Buyers are fucking morons.
>>
>>17154369
I'm glad someone on /o/ knows
>>
>>17154510
>>17154369
I know I just don't care. It's an old commercial that's been made fun of by other media, whoopee. Do you clap your hands and laugh raucously EVERY time you recognize something, or just when there's an audience?
>>
Leather sucks ass.

It's hard to fuck up a comfy fabric seat.
>>
File: ABTL_2014-Volvo-S80-Front-Seat.jpg (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ABTL_2014-Volvo-S80-Front-Seat.jpg
71KB, 800x600px
S80 front seats were the best non-airconditioned leather seats I've sat in.

They got more comfy as they aged.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (199KB, 1292x844px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
199KB, 1292x844px
>>
Shouldn't leather go in utilitarian shitboxes because easier to clean while luxury cars get high quality fabric
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.