[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey everybody, i just got a 1999 mustang GT, and im trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Hey everybody, i just got a 1999 mustang GT, and im trying to get it on the road and all that is going fine, but when i put it into third gear, and release the clutch it will grind, as i release the clutch. and sometimes it likes to pop out of third gear. what do you guys think?
pic related, its the car.
>>
>>17153855
dont use 3rd gear
>>
>>17153859
yes, but i mean what do you guys think is the cause, and what is the remedy? a rebuild kit? syncro?
>>
>>17153855
Sound like 3rd is out or on its way out.
>>
>>17153898
i guess rebuild kits are only like 300 or so, how much would labour be to rebuild a t-45?
>>
>>17153905
You're probably better off getting a trans from a parted out wrecked car.
>>
>>17153855
Symptoms are consistent with restricted shifter travel such as from improperly adjusted stops on a performance shifter, or a bent shift fork.
>>
File: 1985_00033_01.jpg (106KB, 793x390px) Image search: [Google]
1985_00033_01.jpg
106KB, 793x390px
>>17154125
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OEM-FORD-HIGH-QUALITY-TREMEC-T45-3-4-SHIFT-FORK-MUSTANG-5-SPEED-NEW-BOX-/292085425981?rmvSB=true
Is that the part needed? if so how much do you think for lanour? my understanding is they will have to take the tranny off and apart to do the job right? that right there would take a good few hours id suspect. :(
>>
>>17154537
>http://www.ebay.ca/itm/OEM-FORD-HIGH-QUALITY-TREMEC-T45-3-4-SHIFT-FORK-MUSTANG-5-SPEED-NEW-BOX-/292085425981?rmvSB=true
Yes, that is the shift fork and it does require trans removal and partial teardown to replace. Experienced tech could do it in a morning, a newb would take all weekend.

However, you want to eliminate everything else first because it's such a pain to replace. Also even if you do swap the shift fork it's not likely that you'll be able to see any damage to it since it doesn't take much to cause the situation of the fork not engaging the gear deeply enough. 1/16 inch would do it and you won't see that naked eye.
>>
>>17154599
Okay. sort of sucks cause I already just today paid 700$ to get a new intake manifold installed because it was leaking prestone lol. car also needs two new mufflers but thats about it. after that its just a few cosmetics. car also does not have a spec of rust on it, and i only paid 1500$ so i think im not to upset about the tranny
>>
I wonder if third is no good
>>
>>17154750
yeah, thinkin about rebuilding the tranny while they have it apart. it woudl only be an extra 500$ then.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.