[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cost of Ownership

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (20KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 500x333px
I want to get a new mid-size sedan in the 22-25K range. I'll probably own it for at least 10 years and drive the hell out of it. What manufacturer should I choose? The Altima is the cheapest option, but will maintenance and repair costs over 10 years make something with a better reliability refine like the Honda Accord or Toyota Camry save me money over the long run?
>>
File: Creepin.jpg (133KB, 873x469px) Image search: [Google]
Creepin.jpg
133KB, 873x469px
>>17152559
2017 Camry SE

Has spoiler, sport suspension (aka pain in the ass stiff, but auto enthusiasts love the asspain cuz they're all homo anyway), 17" wheels, paddle-shifters with auto-rev-matching downshifts (for srs mah niggolo), red stitching on the interior (+20hp), etc.

Can be had for $17,500 before tax. I paid 18,500 months ago when they had worse rebates, and the 2018 next-generation refresh is coming soon so they are on DEEP discount. Expect 7K off MSRP.

You can prly have enough to upgrade to a v6 in your 25K budget, but the overall operating/maintenance costs of that are much much higher according to studies, and the 4cyl Camry is a sure bet for lowest total cost and greatest reliability (better than Honda Accord).

The Honda Accord Sport trim looks sexier, hella good looking 4cyl family sedan. Slightly more "fun" handling, even though honestly I think the Camry SE ain't as bad as it's rep for being "boring" and "sedate". Toyota is busting it's balls to be sporty and cool and athletic these days, this Camry was the start of it, that's why it looks so aggressive, it's got the Lexus trapezoid grill and all.
>>
File: R3Q_c.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
R3Q_c.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>17152726
Also heil nah to the Nissan. Nissan quality ain't close to Honda, which ain't close to Toyota.

Lexus > Toyota > Honda > Nissan

Although sadly these days Lexus and Toyota have both cheapened up compared to the 90s, this is what happens anytime a company gets good and knows it.
>>
>>17152559

Honda, Toyota, and Nissan are not too different now in terms of reliability. The Honda/Toyota badge jacks up the price significantly because of the reliability meme. If you take care of your car, you can expect reliability. I've owned Nissans all my life and they have served me well. If I had to guess, the maintenance for a new Nissan will be the same as a new Honda or Toyota. Most modern cars are similar now. Just stay away from the CVT transmissions in the pre-2013 Nissans. I had a v6 Altima with the CVT and it was absolutely shit. Would always slip when I drove it hard. Now they fixed them and they are actually pretty reliable. Do it OP!
>>
>>17152726
>>17152738
Thanks bros. Performance and handling doesn't matter much to me, I just want a new car that gives off a professional image (real estate agent, so no compacts) and didn't want a crossover. Camry 4-cyl seems like the right choice unless someone can convince me otherwise
>>
>>17152768

get a rear engine miata and do a drivetrain swap so you can have fwd (better in bad weather) then BAM you have a 400hp roadster that will be a comfortable DD while still being fun
>>
>>17152937
Please don't ever post on this board again
>>
File: 20160423_161213.jpg (798KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160423_161213.jpg
798KB, 2048x1152px
>>17152768
Real estate agent? Image matters --> 2-3 year-old Lexus ES350 (like a lease return, CPO, etc.).

That's great bang for your bukakke and will be super reliable.
>>
>>17152768

If you want a professional image lease something nice every 2-4 years. A 10 year old low end Japanese sedan is not very professional.
>>
>buying a car from the era where everything is ugly

heck off
>>
08 Cadillac cts or MKZ are cheap as fuck
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.