[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to build a bike, nothing crazy just to be able to take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I want to build a bike, nothing crazy just to be able to take on logging roads, not full on 4x4 terrain.

This is a first bike for me and I'm in college so take it lightly on me.

First choice is a 1978 xs400 2-e, restored and runs supposedly for 1900.

The second option is a 1979 Suzuki gs 550 for 1000.

I want to do the whole cliche scrambler look and do a welded rear loop, change up rubber, etc. Simple shit.

I figure the gs550 for cost, power, 4 cylinder sound, and might be better for small road trips.

I figure i can get the gs550 for under 1k and spend 1k to get what I want and license, gear, etc.

Advice?

Something like this.
>>
File: heh.png (583KB, 591x403px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
583KB, 591x403px
SV650 or SV1000 is the answer. throw knobby tires on it and you're good to go
>>
>>17146384
>I want to do the whole cliche scrambler look and do a welded rear loop, change up rubber, etc. Simple shit.
Why?
>>
>>17146459
Because he does faggot contribute to the thread or get out
>>
>>17146490
Nah
>>
>>17146450
>knobby tires
>SV650
kill yourself senpai

>>17146384
>I want to do the whole cliche scrambler look and do a welded rear loop, change up rubber, etc. Simple shit.
So you want to be that hipster faggot that buys a half running bike on craigslist, chops it up and totally ruins its resale value, maintains it poorly, and ends up selling it for $700 as an "unfinished cafe racer project" a year later?

I would advise against it.
>>
>>17146450
did you mean a vstrom?
>>
>>17146384
Sounds like you cant go wrong with the bikes youre looking at but make sure you do your research on models etc.
Dont buy without test riding it and looking at it first.
Oh yeah and riding gear can be costy you might be looking at about a grand for good quality shit
>>
>>17146513
>Im not allowed to do what I want with my cheap bike that I payed for myself because someone on the internet said so
Ok
>>
>>17146384
I think you'd probably be better off with a dual sport. Regardless your scrambler idea sounds cool anon, good luck.
>>
>>17146559
You're more than welcome to, we know your kind.
>>
>>17146513
I'm hacking the rear end off and attaching a hoop end, not cutting the fucked in half and adding a v twin. Also I got a local motorcycle shop I got to call and price out these things since I don't own a workspace or welder...
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.