[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on the 2.7l ecoboost v6. Is this engine shit? Willl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7332.jpg (122KB, 886x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7332.jpg
122KB, 886x533px
Redpill me on the 2.7l ecoboost v6. Is this engine shit? Willl it stand the test of time or turn into a grenade?
>>
Why not get the V8?
>>
>>17143156
They've been developing these v6's since the late 90's.
>>
>>17143156
Definitely grenade. I mean, not immediately, but that high-strung little engine is going to spend its entire life dragging a truck around. It's not going to live as long as the V8.

Real-world fuel savings are almost negligible too.
>>
>>17143401
it runs at lower rpms. no it won't. sperg more
>>
>>17143356
Aren't they just reworked mazda stuff?
>>
>>17143156
It's quite possibly the best engine to come out in recent years. Just as powerful as a v8, but lighter, smaller and more efficient.
Ford have truly outdone themselves.
>>
>>17143403
Than a V8? No. It doesn't. Retard.
>>
>>17143476
Yes it does. Stay BTFO.
>>
>>17143476
yes, it does
>>
>>17143434
I mean, ehhh maybe.

I mean, the 2.3 Ecoboost is apparently built at the same place that the MazdaSpeed 6 (maybe the 3) was built. So it's probably a descendant of that.

I don't know about the V-6 stuff, but I'd assume it's reworked/devloped from the old Mazda stuff as well.
>>
>>17143156
2.7 is part of the latest gen ecoboosts. The last generation 3.5 had an issue with carbon buildup in the heads that was inaccessible. They're good motors.
>>
>>17143565
What did they do, better pcv baffles?
>>
so far its shit, burning shit tons of oil and oil pressure issues. tsb's for long block replacement for misfires. they likely rushed the 2.7 out too quickly. I'd avoid it till they make revisions.
>>
>>17143434
I never understood this meme when the Mazda stuff was originally a N/A Ford Duratec Mazda gave it direct injection and a turbo.

Weebs think Ford's never made a Turbo 4 cylinder until the Ecoboost
>>
>>17143156
it won't last

once those tarbos start fucking up it's going to be expensive as fuck to replace and difficult to work on

NA is best
>>
>>17143156

Theoretically it has a CGI block and a full aluminium cradle which has the crank mains built into it as opposed to having seperate main caps. So in theory its begging for more boost and has a very good foundation. No comments on the rest of the engine though.
>>
>>17143518
>assuming a foundry can only make versions of products its already made.
You're a special kind of retard.
>>
All that additional turbo machinery, plumbing, boost pressure, and heat won't affect reliability at all.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.