[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*blocks your path*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 20170504_092711.jpg (88KB, 511x293px) Image search: [Google]
20170504_092711.jpg
88KB, 511x293px
*blocks your path*
>>
*guns it to 90 and passed you on the shoulder and resumes driving like a normal person*

Fuck trucks
>>
FUCK I HATE THIS
>>
File: IMG_20170415_133134.jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170415_133134.jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
>>17143070
>splits the gap

L8r cagey
>>
>grinds up spark plug
>chucks at window when i get a chance
>>
>5 miles later
>ALMOST THERE
>ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMOST PAST
FUH
KING
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE
>>
>>17143070
why do truckers like to pass each other at a 1mph difference

what do they gain from fostering this fresh hell
>>
>>17144222
It's just trolling like claiming Tesla's aren't slow unreliable garbage with no range only doing it on the road not /o/
>>
Happened to me this morning bros.
>>
File: me.jpg (594KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
594KB, 1536x2048px
"Lemme just squeeze through...."
>>
>cracks knuckles
>time 2 hypermile bro
prius lyfe
>>
>>17143070
>I-81
Between OP's picture and the hills, it's a living nightmare.
>>
>>17144222
The faster moving trucks behind the slower trucks generally don't want to slow down and match speed.

This is because truckers generally get paid cents per mile driven. The faster they drive, the more quickly they earn money. They also have strict regulations about how long they can drive at once. And because they're driving semi-trucks, and because they have to rest for several hours between drives, they have very few good places to stop when they hit that regulated time on how long they can drive. So, they want to make their way to their destination, or to a known good place to rest, as quickly as possible to ensure they don't have to break regulations or stop in a poor location.

Meanwhile, it's common for fleets to install speed limiters on the trucks to keep them from speeding. Now, due to the inherent inaccuracies of speedos, even if two trucks have speed limiters set to the same speed, they can often move at slightly different real-world speeds.

This is where it comes from. The guy behind can go faster than the guy in front, even if only slightly. And because the guy behind can pass him, he will. He doesn't want to slow down and risk having to make the choice between driving past the legal limit or stopping in a location that doesn't want semi-trucks parked there. He also wants to reach his destination and start the next delivery as soon as possible because that's how he makes his money.
>>
>>17144222
>why do truckers like to pass each other at a 1mph difference
becuase hard acceleration uses a fuckton more fuel, you fuck.
>>
>>17144384
I shouldn't have laughed at this
>>
>>17143070
Honk at them and flip a bird when I pass them.
Trcucks and taxi / uber fags will always get triggered by the littlest things for people being that much on the road, it's hilarious.
Fuck 'em.
>>
>>17144139
>>> >>17144384
>>
File: GalaxyCbRadioDx979BluexLg.jpg (366KB, 2280x1553px) Image search: [Google]
GalaxyCbRadioDx979BluexLg.jpg
366KB, 2280x1553px
>hey doorswinger, move your fucking shit or i'm gonna blow your damn doors off
it's shitty for us too, guys
>>
>>17144222
>why do truckers like to pass each other at a 1mph difference

sometimes the trucks can not go any faster especially with a heavy load. Or they'll be loaded down, go to pass, then they hit a hill and they can no longer pass.
>>
>>17145698
or they have speed limiters, most fleets limit trucks' top speed to 55-65mph
>>
>>17143070
Elephant racing

They are both in their office. Where are you? A mile behind the left truck?

Although miles pay, a tight deadline has the potential to pay less

Become a trucker, then tell me how you feel
>>
>>17144466

Long haul trucker here. This is pretty much about right.

I go 60mph because I pay for my fuel. In the grand scheme of things those guys driving at the governor all the time suck at trip planning and rely on trying to be faster than everyone else.

Me, before I start my day, I already know where I'm stopping for the day, I know what time roughly I'll be there, I have a look at weather and check the outside of my truck for possible issues, then get rolling.

At 60mph, I get the best fuel mileage, and all of those idiots on the governor go right past me. In the grand scheme of things, on a 10-hr drive clock (11 max, I do 9) the guys going 62 and 65 will get to a truck stop max an hour before me and sometimes I'll beat them because I know where the slowdowns are and when they happen and how to get around them.
>>
>>17143070
>sees the trucks in the distance
>makes slight adjustment to speed like a normal, competent driver who actually pays attention to what's happening on the road ahead of them
>reach the trucks just as the lane is clear
>move on with my life
>>
>>17145643
anyone who is triggered is pretending to be something they're not...most truckers in real life couldn't give less of a shit about what you think, they just don't want some incompetent moron to kill themselves near their truck because then they have to fill out a lot of paperwork
>>
>>17145751
Doesn't work when they are right in front of you
>>
>>17144650
Uh, yeah. How about not passing then? Passing someone to only go an infinitesimally small amount faster than them is pointless.
>>
>>17145757
Or they could not act like they own the road.
>>
>>17143070
>set cruise control to 65
>put on psychedelic rock or doom metal
>get comfy
>don't care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ysBMZSzpp8

if im on my bike ill pass on the shoulder tho
>>
>>17146143
This, literally who gives a shit. If you drive slow on the twisties at 2Am I'm gonna be salty, because I'm trying to have fun, any road that goes straight for more than a mile can fuck off, I don't care what speed I'm going, as long as there is no acceleration or deceleration I can't even tell I'm moving.

It's all about pulling Gs
>>
>>17144384
>h-help me please
>hold on lemme take a pic this shits funny as fuck
>>
>>17143070
Part of the road test for the CDL involves passing another truck out on the road. If you do it using less than six miles of roadway, you fail the CDL, so it's burned into their brains to pass as slow as possible.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.