[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

e39 540i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Hey yall, just wanted to give an update on my car.
A month ago, I sold my dd shitbox hyundai to this dude and his wife for $3000 and picked up this bmw for $2,500. I got a 97 e39 bmw 540i with the 6 speed and the m sport package. It's got m3 wheels and a fuck ton of power.
As soon as I got it back from Houston, my spark plug shot out of it's housing, and since no mechanic in my town wants to work on bmws I had to bore out and rethread it, also the water pump fucked me over. To make it a little louder, I took out the muffler and resonator and left the pipes open after the cats, and now it sounds like a dragon.
Tell me what you think, where my e39 bros at?
>>
Heres with the updated plastidip wheels
>>
don't like the plastidipped wheels but that's a nice find. water pump sounds like no fun, but better than a 3rd HPFP
>>
>>17142112
Change your timing chain tensioner.

Trust me.
>>
>>17142112
>plastidip wheels
>took out the muffler and resonator
please kill yourself
>>
>>17142112
>>17142115

What race are you?
>>
>>17142181
Human
>>
>>17142181

look at the houses, do you think they'd let a nigger live in a neighborhood like this

he's a pasty white teenager that lives with his rich parents. i can tell from the $500 bmw and from his post
>>
>>17142233
right on the money with pasty white teenager, but I sell houses so this is my place
>>
>>17142112
e39 540i with 6 speed is a good combo.
whats the mileage?
because well kept examples usually are priced at $6-7k
>>
>>17142112
>M package
>standard bumpers and chrome linings on the side
Uuh...is the US m-pack not like the EU m-pack?
At least you have the '00 facelift lights
>no light-defrosters
Wtf is that car
>>
>no mechanic in my town wants to work on bmws
America
>>
>>17142112
>my spark plug shot out of it's housing, and since no mechanic in my town wants to work on bmws I had to bore out and rethread it
Sounds like you treated a symptom instead of the cause
>>
>>17142503
143k, lil high but its had good maintenance
>>17142535
having no mechanic is just an incentive to learn i guess
>>17142627
cylider #6 wasnt torqued down all the way, got loose and fucked the threads
>>
>>17142115
WOW it looks like fucking shit

Seriously, Jesus christ

Glas you at least did your own work though
>>
>>17142523
This. Definitely not an m sport car
>>
>buys a nice clean 540i 6MT
>within a month has already nigger-rigged repairs and molested it with obnoxious mods and plastidip

I should really buy one of these before the prices for un-fucked examples skyrocket.
>>
>>17142627
No, he treated the cause. A threaded insert properly installed is stronger than the original thread. Some Fords do that shit too. Kudos to OP for doing his own work. You are either a mechanic or a faggot. Wrench on!
>>
>>17143118
i kind of doubt they'll skyrocket, maybe the m5 but not the lower trims
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.