[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Corvette C5 vs C6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Are C6 Corvettes really that much better than C5s?

I have a 2003 C5 now and all the 90s-designed GM crap is starting to wear on me. I've also figured out, if you add up all the parts I've had to replace, I could have making the payment on a C6 instead (assuming nothing broke on it).
>>
The whole point of a Corvette is to put GM's highest performing V8 in a light, aerodynamic chassis and everything else comes from the parts bin. I don't think a C6 will be much of an interior improvement.
>>
File: 1425855235283.jpg (1MB, 2048x1901px)
1425855235283.jpg
1MB, 2048x1901px
>>
>>17140101
put this meme to rest
>>
File: 8b768012743a17a67073728d4801e16a.jpg (204KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
8b768012743a17a67073728d4801e16a.jpg
204KB, 1024x768px
Memes aside the 2004 trans am is a better car than the c5
>>
>>17140025
What have you had to replace?
>>
>>17140092
Hmmm that makes sense, but the GM parts bin in 2004/2005 was a LOT better than they had in 96/97 putting the C5 together

>>17140101
And only twice as much now on the used market
>>
>>17140127
the 2004 trams am didn't exist. so was this some sort of ass-backwards way of saying the trans am was never better?

anyway op I've had both a C5Z and a C6Z. the C6 is nicer but gave me more problems, but they are both on par with a domestic compact "luxury" econobox. my F150 is much nicer than either of those cars ever could have hoped to be.
>>
>>17140140
It eats tires, car is always in alignment but they wind upwith uneven wear anyway

--Water pump
--Brake Booster twice, finally figured out the master cylinder is leaking into it slowly
--Harmonic Balancer (90 minute job on an LS1 Camaro, in a Corvette the steering rack has to come out)
--Targa weatherstripping

More than the individual stuff it's just that there's ALWAYS a couple things I know are going wrong. Right now I'm continually annoyed by:
--Brake booster continuing to leak
--Oil drain plug leak (the oil pan was actually replaced due to a towing incident, brand new pan - same problem)
--Garbage weatherstripping, I managed to make it much better but without dropping $2k on replacing every bit with GM rubber it'll never be right
--Tires wearing unevenly

It'd also be nice to have a decent stereo, with Bose stuff you either have to live with it or replace EVERYTHING - I bought this car with an aftermarket head unit in it, sounded awful, swapped it for another, sounded slightly better, put the stock one back in and it's by far the "best" sound.
>>
>>17140205
Thanks, that's kind of what I'm afraid of...

I'm also debating if I'd be better off with a 5.0 Mustang, not a cool but a lot more comfortable and at least it'd work
>>
File: 8353730_1_l.jpg (73KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
8353730_1_l.jpg
73KB, 600x424px
>>17140205
>2004 trans am
Fuck i meant 2002, drunk posting best posting
I STILL STICK WITH WHAT i SAID THOUGH TRANS AMS ARE THE BETTER CAR.
>>
>>17140273
If you factor in price I'd probably agree with this actually, a C5 beats in in handling and top speed but the improvements are so far beyond what you can do on public roads (safely, forget legally) they're almost irrelevant.
>>
>>17140262
I have an 07 C6 and have had zero issues since buying it used in 09, but I hesitate recommending a C6 or really any car unless you get one that is at least a 2010. At the end of the day an old car is still and old car and it is a lot of unaccounted for time where you werent the owner.
>>
>>17140273
similar power in a heavier car with a worse interior and a rear end made of wet toilet paper. failing to see the argument here.
>>
>>17140025
C6 is equal to like c5 z06 performance wise so I've heard. That's about all I can say.
>>
I have a c5z. Only c5 I would buy. For looks and out of the box performance. C6 would have to be an ls3. Would love a ls7/9 but can't afford those. I do plan on owning a c6 at some point. To me the interior isn't that much of an issue. Yes, I get in and look at it but most of the time in the car is spent driving and not judging the interior. Could it have been better? Sure. Do I care when ripping hektik skidz? Nope. Fwiw and I'm sure >>17140205 could verify but a c6 will feel more gt to a c5z. Not to say it's not a sports car, but refining it takes away some of the animality of it.
>>
I'd much rather have a C6 I just don't like the way they look other than the Z06
>>
>>17140231
Lol that's nothing get gud
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.