[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good buy stories!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: F150.jpg (115KB, 659x411px) Image search: [Google]
F150.jpg
115KB, 659x411px
Feel good story, because; it's beautiful outside and why not!

>Always hated Ford since I was a kid (I figure they're Mexi mobile's with below standard quality control).
>My dad likes them, and continues to buy them, despite constantly forking out cash for repairs.
>He decides to buy a truck and wants a small compact truck like a Mazda 2200 et al.
>Convince him to man up and buy a full size. "You need a real truck" "Be a man".
>So he goes out and buys a beat to shit '96 F150 that's an ex service vehicle and beaten to hell.
>I start doing my research, figuring the thing's going to constantly nickle and dime him.
>Straight six 300 Ford, 5 speed. 2wd
>I hate it until the first time I drive it. Feels like a classic, getting to shift, women are looking at me ... no way. This pos...
>Turns out to be a workhorse, who knew...

I live in the south, I rarely leave the pavement, and I don't have to worry about snow. Hell, I should get one.

>Craigslist later that year. Most trucks need a ton of work, but I want the inline 300 and a stick. Most ppl want ~$2k.
>Find picture related on a farm. Belonged to farmers brother, brother got a new truck, farmer got it and has been running hay around with it for the past few years.
>It's covered in mud, brakes squeal, and the vacuum tree on the engine is duck taped together; so the interior vent selection is outta whack + a bunch of other small stuff.
>Guy wants $1000. Truck has 300,000 miles.
>Deal.

OMG what a beast. Drove down the street and fixed the vacuum problem same day. Under all the mud is nice paint. I've got about $1000 in parts in it and $1000 worth of craigslist wheels and BFGoodrich KO2's. '

Without a doubt the best purchase I've ever made. I parked my E39 just to drive this thing around most of the time. Cheaper on gas than the BMW, takes regular, and drives like a 100,000 mile truck. Classic styling, and built like an absolute tank. Its definitely a life hack, not as old as an F100, but not plastic new either.
>>
Haven't bought, just looked it up out of curiosity. This looks like quite a deal but the lack of interior pics scares me. What do you guys think? https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Honda-Civic-CRX-d587#listing=172844254
>>
>>17138363
as an europoor i envy you so much, fug
>>
>>17138377

Haha, I know, you guys are so boned not having trucks. I mean, you have other things we don't have like classic Alfa Romeo's, but having to use SUV's and Van's for everything sucks.

>>17138366
I would worry about Indiana rust more than the interior. Price seems steep for what it is. Is that the engine that got 50mpg?
>>
File: F150(2).jpg (319KB, 1000x1018px) Image search: [Google]
F150(2).jpg
319KB, 1000x1018px
Found a comparison picture from the day I bought it. Can't believe the paint came so clean. Not perfect, but much better.
>>
Clean OBS anon, legit jelly.
>>
I've looked at a couple of these in the past 6 months, and they all had bad rust.

Sometimes I hate Wisconsin.
>>
File: 20170223_161615.jpg (65KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
20170223_161615.jpg
65KB, 800x450px
>>17139788

Yep, I had trouble finding one in the Carolinas that wasn't rusted out. Just had to be patient. Northern states suck simply because of how hard they are everything; cars, homes, people.

Anyway, pic is of fresh new carpet going in. Old rubber floor mat in the trash.
>>
>>17139742

Thanks bro.
>>
>>17141002
Dude, get another mat in there asap. You would be surprised how easy it is to wear through the flooring without one. Rocking some cheesy tweety bird mats in my truck for this reason - even worse with vinyl floors!
>>
>>17141812

Haha, yup! Got some nice carpeted mats on order.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.