[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to add a sunroof to my truck a quick search on google

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: pop up sunroof.jpg (145KB, 1431x801px) Image search: [Google]
pop up sunroof.jpg
145KB, 1431x801px
I want to add a sunroof to my truck

a quick search on google shows a lot of people saying that aftermarket sunroofs never work as intended, and leak most of the time

am I out of luck? can it be done properly or what?
>>
Nope. Out of luck.
>>
>>17132494
care to explain why?
>>
It can be done, but it can not be done properly. You won't have the channels to drain water away.
>>
Bam Margera put one on his Lamborghini, I don't see why you can't do it on a truck.
>>
File: 1493023639027.jpg (64KB, 812x556px) Image search: [Google]
1493023639027.jpg
64KB, 812x556px
>>17132516
Well, first off you have to cut into your fucking roof. It's not like drilling some small holes to install a spoiler or fender mirrors. It lowers the value of your car and they will leak, even factory fitted sunroofs do sometimes.

You're always better off finding the same car with an original sunroof, unless they don't exist. I think fitting an aftermarket sunroof is only good for shitboxes.
>>
It can work fine, a buddy of mine got his done and it works perfectly. Just don't cheap out on it.
>>
>>17132557
Yes, a man who is probably the epitome of mid 2000s teenage angst and emo "culture" and starred in two shows that literally say "do not try this at home" is a good example to follow

He also doesn't have any money anymore, is hardly relevant, don vito is dead and his alcoholic wife divorced him
>>
It depends on the sunroof. The simple piece of shit like OP's pic that everyone and their cousin got back in the 80s for $200 isn't worth it. Now there are aftermarket sunroofs that are installed like oem and provided it's installed right and the drain tube(s) are kept clear it shouldn't leak. Will cost a couple thousand or more though.
>>
>>17132557
>Garaged lambo that has a wealthy owner to take care of it, several other vehicles, and ability to trade/sell it without inconvenience.

Or

>poorfag /o/tist on his DD domestic shitbox truck.

Why would you think this is anywhere near comparable?
But ask local dealers for suggestions. Local body / auto glass shop did my FIL's last three cars. He's very tall , so factory sunroofs take away too much headroom. The aftermarket solutions tend to take far less room and retain most or all stock interior dimensions. He tends to not give two fucks about keeping the cars garages so they get the full brunt of all four seasons in New England. Spring pollen alone can block up drain channels, let alone dust, autumn tree garbage, snow/ice, and sometimes blistering summer heat. Never a single problem with drainage on a Grand Prix, Altima, and now a new Camry.

I assume that like anything else I touching auto body, paint, or glass, it all comes down to prep work and the level of attention and effort that the installer puts into it.

Personally I wouldn't do it, but he's had good experiences, and seems to think that the roof adds some status to his twice a decade pleb-car purchase.
>>
>>17132573
>>17132629
You guys missed anon's joke.
Sting (yes the rock star) took a chainsaw to bam's lambo.....
>>
>>17132659
The joke is on you. Intelligent people didn't watch his shitty angst filled show full of sk8er fags performing "stunts" with their ball sacks
>>
>>17132684
you're right, intelligent people hang out on /o/.
>>
>>17132573
>>17132629
>>17132659
>>17132684
>>17132695
tl;dr bam is an idiot
>>
If there is a stock knockout in the metal. It could be done
>>
>>17132573
You sound like a hater
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.