[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's going to happen to the classic car market when boomers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

What's going to happen to the classic car market when boomers start to pass away and hand down their sports cars?
>>
>>17128112
prices will dip a little, but the desirable models like a 69 mustang fastback or second gen charger will always command a premium.

very few original model b owners are still around, yet those are still hugely sought after.
>>
They are going to be sold for scrap price because NO ONE except boomers knows that they are rare and desirable.... not

Daily reminder that Gen x fags are responsible for the inflated costs in muscle since the mid 00s
>>
What's a real steel 32 Ford going for nowadays?
There's your answer.
>>
Bro dip: truly desirable cars remain desirable regardless of social, economic, or generational trends.
>>
They'll be sold quickly and cheaply.

I don't know if any of you had an elderly family member pass, but it sucks. Not only emotionally, but financially too.

You have to figure out what you're gonna do with their assets, personal items, vehicles, and other stuff. You also have to to assume responsibility to close out accounts.

It's an awful experience. But during this awful experience, you'll have grandpa's prized classic car. It may be running, but most likely it won't be in great shape because he couldn't drive it for the last 8 months since his cataract surgery.

It'll be just another headache for the family to deal with. They'll try to get it started, maybe they will. Then they'll put on Craigslist for a quarter of its cost because they want it gone fast.

Seriously, this is going to happen. Get ready for a drastic dip in not only the value of these cars, but also the supply. Because most of these old cars will need too much work for the average car owner, and will eventually be scrapped.
>>
At least some of those hot rod parts can be used in better chassis'. Brakes and engines come to mind. Also, old school manual transmissions can be used with LS1s and such.
>>
>>17128481
those old parts are shit tho
>>
>>17128512
Yup. Almost everything pre-1985 with a few exceptions is shit, and none of those exceptions are made in America.
>>
Stanced out. With bosozoku pipes. Cant wait for my grandpa to die so i can do that with his coronet
>>
>>17128512
Talking about the more recent "pro touring" builds. Using parts made in the 2000s
>>
>>17128554
Not a bad use of an old shitty car tbqhwy
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.