[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Saabs good cars? I was thinking of buying a 2005 9-3 with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Are Saabs good cars? I was thinking of buying a 2005 9-3 with around 67k miles on it from a place near me. Is there anything I should be wary of before I go and buy it, like if are they costly to repair?

Pic related
>>
Saab went out of business, what do you think?
>>
>>17116556
Overpriced shit made by autists who make planes who proceeded to shove all their autism into them.
>>
i drive an 05 9-5 as a DD and it's a nice, reliable car
only had some troubles with the handbrake not disengaging completely during colder months, other than that no issues in the past seven years or so
>>
They are not bad. I bought a 2008 9-3 with 50K miles on it right after they bankrupt so I got it at a real good price since everyone was freaking out. They share a lot of common parts with other GM vehicles so it's easy to find spares. The only thing that is really Saab specific is the body panels/wheels/interior. Mechanically they are pretty average reliability wise. I've put 30K miles on mine since I bought it and they only I've changed out not part of regular maintenance was the front right control arm. Ball joint was going bad and you have to buy the whole assembly. Even then it was less $200 and about of an hour of taking my time to install it.

Makes for a great DD, don't listen to all the fear mongers about how they went bankrupt and you'll never be able to find parts.

>>17116579
They have been cheap as fuck on the used market ever since Saab went bankrupt. No way in hell I would of bought one new over pretty much everything else in the price range.
>>
>>17116673
Thanks man this helps a lot, probably going to take a look at is sometime this week. Car is only 4k which seems like a good price.
>>
>>17116556
The water pump will leak between 100-150k and it's a massive cunt to replace. Having someone else do it for you will be a 4-digit bill.
>>
What about the 9-7X? Just a rebadge Trailblazer, right?
>>
>>17117252
Pretty much, yes. Only sold in US/Canada
>>
File: [puffing angrily].gif (421KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
[puffing angrily].gif
421KB, 500x373px
Damn you, OP. I forgot how gorgeous these cars were in red. Now I want one. I thought I had my next car purchase all planned out, too.
>>
>>17116556
The auto tranny was meh, and the interior buttons wore out fast. The car itself was great though.
>>
i DD a 2003 9-3SS Vector, my and weve had a lot of saabs in the family. The you really need to love them, if you just wanna buy it as "another " car, dont. They always have extrange things. A saab never stop working, but has never worked well thats atleast my feeling. i still fucking love saabs doe
>>
>>17116556
the lack of foglights disturbs me
>>
>>17119133
I will now proceed to make a little list of things you should expect :
- The interior is GM trash, the radio / acc climate buttons are ALWAYS worn out. you can replace only the buttons for 60$
- Check what turbo the car has, mitsubishi or garret, if it is the garret one almost all of them have p0033 ( bypass valve ) the replacement is 43€ in maptune, so you dont have to change the whole valve only the membrane.
- This cars had a common problem with the brakes, sometimes the brakes where not matched to what trim they should be, you should check if on the doorsill you have under chasis number some letters like ff-aa-dd-cc whatever, these refer to the brakes, check them online if they have it, if not you should check the brake diameter prior to buying ones that SUPOSEDLY should be in your car ( as happend to me )

the list could go on but this are the most important ones.
>>
>>17116560
GM put SAAB out of business after they stole the technology SAAB is known for.
>>
>>17121755
>implying

Saab was on thin ice even before GM bought them.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.