[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will the ICE roll over and die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (480KB, 1595x1277px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
480KB, 1595x1277px
When will the ICE roll over and die?
>>
>>17114677
When batteries stop sucking
>>
in 2019 when tesla goes fully autonomous
>>
When battery tech gets better and we have EVs with non-ipad interiors and no direct network link to the manchild-run manufacturer
>>
When they stop stuffing themselves under semi trailers and catching on fire.
>>
Name an electric car with

>a full charge in under five minutes
>300 mile range
>gearing so it's useful past 60mph instead of corolla tier
>>
>>17114677
when Electric can actually be separated into different types of vehicles without having to intentionally limit the car via the internet like tesla does.

in common cars, youve got I4's, V6's, I6's, V8's, all up the spectrum till you get to high tier stuff like V12's and shit. And even then, every one of those is different depending on how it's tuned and built for what car. you can have a 4 banger sporty coupe, and it is different from a 4 cylinder shitty econobox.

electric is all the same, and to even make different tiers, Tesla has to artificially limit the car by programming it that way and keeping it that way unless you want to "upgrade" in which case they install an "upgrade patch" via the internet.

tl;dr, Electric is too expensive to make interesting varieties of cars for not much better reliability or efficiency. If you want a GOOD electric car that also tries to be a normal sedan, like the Model S, you have to pay through the nose, unless you get s shitty electric econobox, in which case you still have to pay more than the equivalent ICE or hybrid counterpart.
>>
>>17114734
What stops someone from "hacking" a tesla and unlocking the "fast" mode? It seems like an idiotic way to make money.
>>
>>17114820
desire to have a warranty
>>
Turn your name back on Alphonse
>>
>>17114820
It'll brick itself
>>
>>17114820
Musk will personally hack your Gibson and install gentoo on the car.
>>
>>17114734
Wait, is this actually true? You're telling me that the P85D or whatever the fuck expensive model is just the base model with a software patch? I can't believe that.
>>
>>17114820
>>17115180
Stop reading dumb shit on anonymous anime imageboards and believing it. No, there is not a secret software patch that doubles the size of the rear drive unit, adds a front drive unit, reworks the suspension, changes the amount of cells in the pack, and increases the amperage capacity of the fuses, contactors, and power distribution
>>
>>17115206
I did say >I can't believe that.
>>
>>17114692
And then nukes the planet and rise of Teslanators becomes reality?
>>
>>17115180
>>17115206
partially true

only the *60* is the same as the 75 iirc

you can pay 2k to unlock the extra juice
lots of industries do this. Particularly computer processors
>>
When Tesla makes a profit.

As in, never.
>>
>>17114677
When a viable replacement comes along.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.