[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on motor industry There is an ulimited supply of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: sario-automotive.jpg (135KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
sario-automotive.jpg
135KB, 460x300px
Red pill me on motor industry

There is an ulimited supply of family vehicles
>sedans, SUV, statiion wagons etc
There is a unlimited supply of these cars if at any moment you felt like buying a 1990-2017 particle car to get you from A to B New or second hand

Every year the produce more, and more each brand has its "new version" of the previous

Let me ask why anyone would buy brand new? red pill me on the consumers, have you ever bought a Camry or mazda 3 straight from the dealer? Why would anyone do this?

What i see is people buy a new camry
3 years after owning it they buy a newer model
>sell the old one, but its only got like 100k on the meter
How did this shit become a thing?
buy car for 20-30 k own it for 3 years sell it for $10 k when there's practically nothing wrong with the car

its as if people don't drive their cars till they break anymore
>>
Poor people pretending they're rich.
>>
>>17110311
>as if people don't drive their cars till they break anymore

What is leasing
>>
>>17110311
people r dum.

hell i got a 2013 for slightly less than half of what a 2017 model costs with the same options.

id only buy new if its the type of car that you really want , that way there is no previous owners fuck ups, scratches etc
>>
The average age of cars in the US is almost 12 years. A lot of people lease cars for 3 years, then swap for a new one. Then that off-lease car is sold, usually as "certified pre-owned." Then that car gets shit up, and winds up on a crappy lot at the edge of town.

I'm not sure how long that pattern will hold, since the electronics in every new car are bound to start failing sooner than the mechanical bits, or at least become horribly obsolete in a few years. I was looking at a used Volvo XC60 today, and christ fucking almighty the infotainment system was trash compared to a modern system.
>>
>>17111183
>and christ fucking almighty the infotainment system was trash compared to a modern system.

that's like the easiest part to change out though, assuming it's double-din

that's the biggest problem with the early 2000's cars, so few of them have infotainment systems that you can throw out and replace that it makes them basically useless
>>
>>17110311
1. they want something new
2. they want maintenance to be the dealership's problem, not theirs
>>
File: volvo-sensus-connect-628.jpg (67KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
volvo-sensus-connect-628.jpg
67KB, 800x450px
>>17111203
Who makes infotainment stacks that are modifiable in any way? But anyway, no, the older Volvo Sensus units can't be upgraded, and they are so damn clunky compared to what you'll find in a SPA Volvo or a newer Porsche or that goofball 17" screen in a Tesla. Since these systems have all of the car settings, from steering feel to suspension to whatever, they're integral to the operation of the vehicle.
>>
>>17110311
If the used market gets flooded with cars thats a good thing
>>
>>17110311
A lot of used vehicles eventiually wind up shipped and sold overseas in 3rd world countries, especially when the used market is saturated.

Also a lot of people don't look at the price of a new car, just whatever the monthly bill will be. So they get a new economy car they know won't have issues and is under warranty to commute to their mcjob and just see the monthly payment bill as another rent they have to pay.
>>
Americans are relatively rich and autos are affordable. I know poorfags don't like to hear that but buying a new car is easy. I encourage everyone but me to do it.

I don't do that because I'm a mechanic and used to sell used cars so no vehicle excites me nor does "newness". The second an MSO turns into a title any new vehicle is used. Paying off my mortgage early and having lots of disposable income is much more fun.
>>
>>17111959
>A lot of used vehicles eventiually wind up shipped and sold overseas in 3rd world countries, especially when the used market is saturated.

Truth. It's part of the food chain. You can visit any Copart auction and see the foreign buyers. It's great for US exports and the more the better.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.