[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parents just bought me my first car I'm not american, parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: note.png (303KB, 870x450px) Image search: [Google]
note.png
303KB, 870x450px
Parents just bought me my first car

I'm not american, parents bought me pic related (Nissan Note from 2014) and I would like your valuable input/experience with it or even general tips and advice.

Had my license since September and been driving mostly my mum's Smart (automatic, fucking hate automatic), and, occasionally, my dad's BMW 320d an the 2cv. My driving class/exam car was an older Toyota Yaris.
>>
Enjoy it. Don't modify it. Use it to make memories.

So many kids buy cars they can't afford with mods that ruins reliability and resale value.

These coming years will be the best of your life. Spend it with friends and adventures, not working overtime to buy that part you think you need.
>>
>>17108423
Keep an eye on the oil level. Pretty sure Nissan's have had a oil burning issue for a few years now.

Other than that, enjoy it. Your first car really does leave an impact.

I miss mine. :(
>>
>>17108450
I'd never think of modding a car.
I'm 26 and due to college and having to pay fro my own shit I've only managed to get my license now. With this I mean that my making memories and approach to the car are different than an 18 year old's, I guess.
>>
>>17108423
>automatic, fucking hate automatic

You don't have to prove anything to anyone here anon. It's your first car. Just don't do anything stupid with it. Go to school, get a good job, then worry about buying a car that you want. Almost everyone had a shitbox as their first car.
>>
>>17108470
Thanks for the tip!
Yeah, eeverything feels so new and exciting and have that "holy shit this is MINE/I'm responsible now/I can go ANYWHERE" in the back of my head.

>>17108487
But I do dislike auto. Part of the fun for me is shifting gears, the "pedal game"...Altough Auto is better for coming home after work when you're tired or drunk.
Shitbox? Depends on what you compare it to, I guess. My mate with a Punto would kill for it, especially at this price.
>>
>>17108423
The lads at NMUK made it, so it'll be reliable, and cheap parts are available in the UK if anything does go wrong. So nothing to worry about there. Just make sure to check your fluids every once in a while in case you need a top up.

Not really sure what kind of advice you want otherwise, unless you want to mod it.
>>
>>17108516
>But I do dislike auto.

Ok. That's fine. Never said you can't dislike it. My point is that nobody cares so there was no reason to broadcast it.

> coming home after work when you're tired or drunk

Shouldn't be driving anything if you're either of those. Sounds like you need to mature a little bit.

>Shitbox?

I was being hyperbolic. And yes things are relative. Relative to a lot of other things the note is a plain jane econobox. It's not a shitbox yet but it probably will be as time goes on.
>>
>>17108544
Well, I don't think it's a shitbox. I am a total noob in driving, but having a better computer than even the bmw must put it at least a couple of tiers above shitbox, no?

>Shouldn't be driving anything if you're either of those. Sounds like you need to mature a little bit.
Wasn't talking about meself, but in general

>>17108542
Alright, so check the fluids seems to be the running theme
>>
>>17108569
Not sure if you're used to posting here, but a good portion of people here are pretty crude. That's the general atmosphere.

If it doesn't need to be said, don't say it. Everything is a shitbox in the end. Even those who buy 90's supra's and high end BMW's.

They're gonna be a shitbox at one point.
>>
>>17108579
Fair enough. I've never posted here before.
>>
>>17108569
>check and top up fluids
>check tyre pressures every few weeks (do it as you're getting fuel, and refer to the handbook)
>replace the rubbers on your windscreen wipers when they start streaking, replace the blades if they're looking rusty
>check your lights out on occasion in case something has gone out

>when driving at night, only use full beams when there's no oncoming drivers or if it's foggy, just toggle your lights down to dipped when you see someone coming towards you
>>
Drive safely anon
Service it regularly and it will last you a lifetime
Don't neglect your tyres
Once it's out of warranty if it's not already you could consider learning to do your own basic servicing, oil changes etc., although since it's relatively new I'd recommend getting it professionally serviced which at the very least will give it better resale value
Personally I prefer compact cars like small hatches and sedans with small engines to most other vehicles I've driven for their ease of manuverability and fuel mileage. I can't speak on your vehicle specifically but they tend to be more fun on the twisties as well
>>
>>17108569
You missed the part where I said I was being hyperbolic. It's better than my car. It's not a shitbox yet. Just an econobox. Give it time.

>Wasn't talking about meself, but in general

My point still applies.
>>
>>17108423
Is the Note in question a manual or an automatic?

If it's automatic, set it on fire and collect the insurance money to buy something else.
>Nissan CVT
not even once.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.