[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scammed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1302395497441.jpg (18KB, 285x230px) Image search: [Google]
1302395497441.jpg
18KB, 285x230px
Just bought a car from craigslist.
Was listed as a private by now that Im trying to get the registration they tell me its not an active dealership.
Worst part is they didnt even tell me what I needed to do.
>Just call around

Am I fucked out of $3000
>>
>>17108143

"its not an active dealership"

what is 'its'?
>>
>>17108154
Im not even sure. The clerk refused to explaining things properly. She couldnt take the bill of sale, and apparently the dealer number on the title isnt active.
>>
>>17108166
I don't understand the dealer number.. I thought it was a private party?

Was their a lien clause or something?
>>
>>17108171
Said private party, but they put a dealer number on the title and bill of sale. They told me to go back up there but from how unhelpful the clerk was Im at a loss.
>>
>>17108201
Go back tomorrow with all of your paper work in order, hopefully get a competent clerk, and if they still wont register the vehicle for you, or give you guidance on how to register the vehicle, contact your local PD and ask them accompany you while you return a vehicle to an unauthorized seller, since there should be no dealer involvement in a private party sale.
>>
Does anyone know how to look up dealerships to see if they are active. In Mississippi. Not getting any results.
>>
Actually the problem might be that the bill of sale is for a dealer and they don't have a dealer number.
>>
>>17108219
>your local PD
Cops won't do shit unless you allege violence. Otherwise it is a civil matter because it is not the police's job to supervise retards and their money.
>>
Looking more closely at this, there isnt a dealer number on the title, but the bill of sale just seems to be wrong. They are calling themselves an autosales company and while the paper we signed contains the information about the car, they cant take it for some reason.
>>
>>17108479
>Cops won't do shit unless you allege violence. Otherwise it is a civil matter
That's not how crimes work. If they're doing illegal shady shit, they will be arrested. It's not a civil case. This isn't software piracy.
>>
>>17108724
I haven't seen anything illegal in this thread.
>>
>>17108922
If they're cooking papers like that the car is 95% likely stolen. Not to mention a fake dealership?
>>
The guy I bought the car from responded to my text asking for another bill of sale. Said hes gonna ask his brother about it. Hopefully this can be resolved.
>>
WTF? Never, EVER buy a car without the title! What did the seller tell you?!
>>
this is why you don't buy off minorities

only buy from middle aged white men
>>
>>17110106
I have the title. The bill of sale is the issue. Even though we both signed it and it has the info on the car, the clerk was saying she cant take it.
>>
>>17110996
Shit, in Chicago they don't even look at a bill of sale at the dmv. We just need a signed title and a check.
>>
>>17111087
Maybe it was just that clerk. Might try again.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.