[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here actually experience pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Who gets shafted when this happens. Always curious what exactly goes down when this happens or shit related.

Does the dealer cough up a new car? Tech gets fired?
>>
>>17107235
They probably have insurance for this sort of thing. not sure how that even happened
>>
I install/repair vehicle lifts and this doesn't happen very frequently. In my experience the dealers insurance will usually pay out for a new/replacement vehicle and pretty much every time, the tech gets fired.
>>
>>17107255
Why should tech get fired for faulty equipment?
>>
>>17107289
Someone has to take the fall (lol fall)
>>
>>17107289
Because they're at the bottom of the food chain
>>
>>17107289
>faulty equipment
I think not. They pulled the engine while it was up on a fork which made it back heavy and it tipped off. No great loss though as judging by the plastic wrap windshield it was most likely totalled and being stripped for parts.
>>
>>17107235
Not sure if it was true, but read that it was because the tech didn't rebalance the car or some shit after taking out the engine
>>
>>17107289
Most lifts have numerous safety features to stop this kind of thing happening.
When vehicles fall off, its nearly always due to the vehicle being not loaded properly onto the lift - that's why the techs get fired.
From memory I've only seen it once when it was due to faulty equipment, and of course the tech got to keep his job.
The one in OPs pic looks like it fell off because they have removed the engine and the vehicle is no longer balanced.
>>
>>17107235
Public liability insurance covers it.
>>
>>17107289
How does a seesaw work anon? especially when you remove the weight off one side?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.