[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TireRack.Com

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: TireRackLogo.png (9KB, 188x39px) Image search: [Google]
TireRackLogo.png
9KB, 188x39px
Has anyone used this company for tires and wheels?
They make getting shit easy, but I've seen an assload of bad reviews on consumer report. Any personal experiences?
>>
>>17107008
I only buy tires there, they are also 2 hours away from me, and its sometimes cheaper to go drive, and pickup them than paying for shipping.

Their warehouse is great, and they will mount them there as well if you want. I had this done once, otherwise there is a long wait.

Shipping is literally next day for me.
Service is great, once they accidentally shipped me the wrong tire sizes, the next day I got the correct ones, and the deliver guy just picked up the wrong ones.

They will ship for free to authorized tire shops as well.
>>
the company i work for has a wholesale account with them and we order a few sets of wheels and tires from them every month. never had an issue
>>
They're good and hekpful. Sometimes overpriced because they're the big dogs and spend a lot of money on marketing and influencing so they stay on top. Simpletire and others sometimes have better deals.
>>
I've been doing business with them since 2001 and it's been great the whole time.
>>
ITT:Tire rack reps

Overpriced shit, just go to the flea market. Don't let these people jew you into spending more money than you have to.
>>
>>17107008
I bought new wheels once. Their aluminum wheels are all shit. NEVER BUY CAST WHEELS. They dent like they're made out of foil. You don't even have to hit a curb or pothole for them to be totally destroyed.

That said, the second set of wheels/tires I got from them were UHP all seasons on 16" steel wheels, and they weren't too expensive, their support was good when I had a question, and it just worked out. I may have to buy just tires from them when these wear out, because I want michelin pilot sport a/s3+ tires, but discount tire and les schwab don't carry them. Les Scwhab is especially shit, they only have chink no name brand tires, and they try to pass some of them off as actually good lel
>>
>>17110165
>Never buy cast wheels
Come on now that was 100% your mistake. They have a guide on the site explaining the different manufacturing methods and it pretty much tells you gravity casting is shit.
>>
>>17110180
It was pressure cast, fuckwit. All casting is cancer.
>>
File: Chinese_Rim_Knockoff.jpg (36KB, 636x424px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese_Rim_Knockoff.jpg
36KB, 636x424px
>>17110165 >>17110180
>Never buy cast wheels
Whether it is gravity or pressure cast, it is still cast. Gravity cast wastes metal and is not suitable for angled shapes, so pretty much all the interesting shapes will be pressure cast. But cast metal has grain boundaries susceptible to microfractures due to the stress of being used. Unlike forged, the metal doesn't recover and the microfractures can propagate. So if you are unlucky and have a cast rim that had been dropped during processing or it had an internal defect which serves as a seed for microfractures to grow from it, then you might be one of the bunch of people to have wheel failures. Because the tire blows out, a lot of people blame the tire instead of the cast wheel as the true original source of the rim failure.

>>17110165
>Les Scwhab is especially shit, they only have chink no name brand tires
No, my local Les Schwab has been great to me. And they will do special orders as well for tires that aren't in their store. They do not install anything they cannot fully warranty (their corporate policy) so when you say they sell and install cheap chinese no-warranty tires, that is not the case. You can probably force them to sell you chinese tires as a wholesaler and cart them off, but they will tell you that those tires aren't what they install and warranty.
>>
>>17112642
I think there have been two times I've had a good experience with a local tire shop. One was when I was young and poor and a mechanic told me to go get some slightly less bald used tiers from XYZ by mentioning his name so he could let me pass inspection.

The other was when I found a gas station with 2 dozen used tires on a rack outside and open on Easter Sunday and one of them was actually the size I needed to drive another few hundred miles on.

I'll never see either one again. I just don't buy enough tires to have developed a relationship with a local tire joint, let alone find the one who can get the tires I want at the price I want after reading up about them online. Ergo, if tirerack makes all of that simple for me at a reasonable price, then I'd feel like a cheat to not throw them a few bucks for a useful service.
>>
>>17112642
Not my fault your dumb ass falls for their $200/tire chinese no name brand bullshit. Discount tire is 100x better.
>>
Bought a set of RPF1's with Tires as a package from them. They weighted and mounted them for free, and shipped to my house within a few days.

Also bought a set of Eibach springs from them(were cheaper compared to other places)

>Have, and will buy from them again
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.