[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I adjust the ignition timing on my 2011 328i?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1501.jpg (486KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1501.jpg
486KB, 1024x683px
I've googled up and down and couldn't find a way to do it and can't afford the $70-$80 labor fee at the moment does anyone know how to do it?
>>
we don't know. sorry anon
>>
>>17106009
>BMW
>can't afford $70
>wants to tune car

Are you fucking serious dude?
>>
>bought a BMW
>cant spend $70 on non-essential work
This is why we're in debt.
>>
>>17106497
You have somewhat of a point but if you're talking about national debt that's not even close to how it works.
>>
>>17106009
>adjust the ignition timing on my 2011 328i?
You can't. The ignition timing is set by the factory ECU. But why do you want to?
>>
>>17106697
This. Electronic ignition timing comes preconfigured from factory.
Why would you want to change it? Does it knock?
>>
>bought a 2011 bmw
>can't afford to spend $70

How baka can you be
>>
It's misfiring, brand new spark plugs. I'm used to being able to adjust the distributer on my Silverado but there doesn't seem to be one on the bimmer
>>
>>17106697
Uh do you know what a tune is? Pretty much every car ever made can be tuned, especially a car like a BMW with an ECU...
>>
>>17107358
Yeah, pretty much all modern cars don't have distributors anymore. It's all computer controlled now.
>>
>>17107358
thats fucking hilarious. my friend's 328i had the exact same problem. the dealership replaced the coil pack + spark plug and it resolved the problem. I don't know if they fucked with the timing at all.
>>
Sell it and buy an e30
>>
File: Bait_df6940_5907668.jpg (33KB, 624x628px) Image search: [Google]
Bait_df6940_5907668.jpg
33KB, 624x628px
BMW owner that can't afford a re-flash tune?
>>
>>17107358
Change ignition coils and possibly you fuel pumps and that might stop the misfiring.
>>
Thanks ACTUALLY HELPFUL PEOPLE I'll try that stuff (btw I'm not trying to get a tune just trying to stop the misfiring)
>>
>>17108522
Yea, check obd2 codes. Everything is computer controlled, no manual adjustments. Could be a coil pack.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.