[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FWD vs RWD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: pondering about going fast.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
pondering about going fast.gif
2MB, 400x300px
After thorough and deep philosophical pondering I have concluded that racing an FF is inferior.

Basically, the FF and FR layout are the same except that the FR fas the power output on the rear wheels - this means that steering is not directly coupled to the acceleration like in the FF car.
Furthermore, the longer the wheelbase is, the more time you have to react (while cornering) when you reapply the acceleration after the steering movement.

Now with this last consideration, you can basically say that an FF is an FR with a wheelbase of 0. In the FF you literally just steer you front axle. The implication of a 0 wheelbase (FF) also implies that you need superhuman reaction time in braking and accelerating to outdo an average FR driver (or more acceleration power which on the other hand usually leads to heavy understeer in an FF car)

So the conclusion is simple - FF is not really inferior but with a normal human being at the steering wheel it is. For everyday driving it's just perfect because people either steer or accelerate, so they can't fuck anything up.
>>
>what is a differential?
>>
>>17105520
>In the FF you literally just control your front axle.
fix

Anyone can try this today on their FF shitbox. Try to go fast and imagine that your whole car is only the front axle, nothing more.
You'll might go faster than before.
>>
>>17105520
do you have a single fact to back that up?
And yes FF is inferior for anything above 300 hp
>>
>>17105520
>based on my knowledge of a chinese manga I can safely say that I'm a deep connoisseur of cars and mechanical layouts
>>
>>17105539
>differential
What about it?
It has nothing to do with it
you're just repeating the memes told in other threads?
>>
>>17105546
I have spend thousands of laps on racing simulators to autistically watch the driving dynamics.

I'm sure it would be the same IRL but I don't have an FR at hand because poorfag.
>>
Tell us why an FWD Alfa Romeo 155 was killing the opponents (AWD, RWD and other FWD cars)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5WorCew850

A well enginereed FWD car can be better than an RWD one and fun to drive.
>>
>>17105582
*in the Superturismo championship

Notice the wet track.
>>
>>17105542
So much this. Gotta sit forward a bit for the correct feel. Need an FR badly but low-income atm :(

*pro tip: Become valet = infinite driving EXP
>>
how about you actually read about the matter instead of philosophical pondering.
>>
FR is outdated
>>
File: Typical o engineer.png (8KB, 628x119px) Image search: [Google]
Typical o engineer.png
8KB, 628x119px
>>17105566
Fukken saved
>>
>>17105582
in the video there's a lot struggling
good driver nevertheless, this factor can't be ignored
>>
>>17105609
>Gotta sit forward a bit for the correct feel.
Nice, someone gets it!
I was already afraid that it's just an illusion of mine.

> Become valet
valet parking?
You can't go fast
>>
>>17105615
FR is outdated only economically.
On the track only 4WD and MR is better
>>
FF has trouble mostlybecause the front tires has to deal with the forces of steering and power. This causes them to lose traction easier. Suspension setup magic can help some, but when the horsepower really started climbing, fwd simply can't compete.
>>
>>17105703
>FF has trouble mostlybecause the front tires has to deal with the forces of steering and power
You're just repeating the common knowledge from the tire traction persepctive.
What I'm presenting in the OP is the difference in reaction times - with my theory you could ignore the teechnical aspects but the FF will stay inferior because of a higher burden on the driver
>>
>>17105688
B-BUT MUH MODS MAKE IT FASTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE
>>
File: lead2-2016-dodge-viper-acr-fd.jpg (144KB, 718x479px) Image search: [Google]
lead2-2016-dodge-viper-acr-fd.jpg
144KB, 718x479px
>>17105615

FR looks the coolest though
>>
>>17105520
Dunno, in a FWD car applying too much throttle will always result in understeer. You never wonder if you'll get over- or understeer like in some RWD cars. MR cars are the worst in that regard.

In that sense, FF can be less mentally taxing and more predictable.
>>
>>17105582

KEK. He has to use the other cars to stop his understeering. What a fucking joke.

FWD not even once.
>>
File: 1490281352987.png (102KB, 949x641px) Image search: [Google]
1490281352987.png
102KB, 949x641px
>>17105520
>racing an FF is inferior.
Explain pic related then

non-shitpost: depends on the type of car and the regulations of the racing series.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.